Weekend of exploring

• Admin

Hello All,

A partner and I got an early start Sunday morning, which was around 4am. We were ready to swing the detectors by 4:45am, but it required a good 30 minute hike to get to the location we have had our eye on for years. Funny, places on the Internet (such as Google Earth) always don't look the same as when you have your feet on the ground. This spot was one of those, on Google Earth it looked great, but on arrival it was just ok looking. :unsure:

Within no time, my partner scored a nice 1 - 1.5 Dwt nugget, so it was exciting for a bit. After that first nugget, we both looked at each other and said, "We knew it was here, but how extensive will it be?" We roamed around the area for hours digging a few lead bullets and iron rubbish, but no more gold nuggets. :blush:

We ruled it as one of those "One Nugget Patch Wonders," which we both have found plenty of. :wacko:

One more nugget in my partners poke, one skunk in mine!

Happy Detecting ... End of Story!

Rob Allison

4 AM!!!! Jez, ive only been in bed for 2 hrs by then. Cant wait to get off of night shift.

Glad you got out and had some fun. Just think...of all that vast expanse out there..your partner got over a small gold nugget. Thats an accomplishment! :)

Hope you get some gold next time.

Going to be in "not so hot" Prescott this weekend.

Tom H.

oldies 1955, Where you planing to look for some gold, or just relaxed? I need a gold fix and was thiking about getting outta Mesa and head for the Bradshaws... RRPC claims!

More Au to you, Robert

oldies 1955, Where you planing to look for some gold, or just relaxed? I need a gold fix and was thiking about getting outta Mesa and head for the Bradshaws... RRPC claims!

More Au to you, Robert

We're going to hit the spot for gold...probably wont find much.....but its a great escape from the heat right now.

Not a member of RRPC.

If you get up there and see a puke green 87 4runner flag me down :)

Will try and go up a couple of more times in the burning summer so if you want to meet up PM me.

Tom H.