CONGRATULATIONS ROB. Finally on Ebay !

I see Rob has finally stepped outside of his comfort zone and started advertising on Ebay.

Rob, what took you so long?

Ebay is a fantastic place to market metal detecting gear. And here is something my son told me which makes a lot of sense.

A lot of guys use Ebay and PayPal to hide their discretionary funds from their "significant other."

This way they can buy a pick, or a metal detector carry bag, or a detector, and the funds come out of their Pay Pal balance and the wife never sees it on the credit card statement.

I know this to be true because a lot of folks have asked me, do you take Pay Pal? Well yes I do! Great because I have some money hidden in my Pay Pal account from some things I sold on Ebay and I would rather use that, because then I don't have to explain the charge on the credit card statement.

When I discovered that my son was right about this, I started offering Pay Pal as an option for payment on my website as well.

Congratualtions Rob I think Ebay will be a fantastic venue for you.

Doc

Doc, people can also consider the "incentives" offered on ebay. By this I mean actual cash discount situations which can be used.
I recently purchased an inexpensive laptop and applied a cash savings offered by ebay or paypay that was offered at the time. Total price came down to 259.00 with free shipping.
It should be another great avenue for Rob's sales.
Good Luck an Hapy Huntn.

Yo Doc ... Yes, PP is great ... I've been using it to sell custom gold maps for 13 years and only had one problem ... I bought some ammo from an online retailer and my entire PP accout got wiped out within minutes ... But as soon as I notified PayPal, they made it all good and no more problems since then ... I love PayPal ... 3.2 Percent may seem like a lot, but the convenience is well worth that business expense! Cheers, Unc

Hey Rob when I heard about you selling Minelabs on eBay I had to go take a look at it and I have to say very well done. Great looking ebay seller page. Loaded with info, the best deal out there and very professional. AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I have a few things on Ebay, just trying to get back in the game. That being said, Ebay hasn't been a very good avenue so far. Sales have been extremely slow and even had one guy back out of a deal and didn't pay. Then I realized Paypal don't pay you for up to 21 days after the bid ends. I had a product shipped the next day, but didn't get paid until the 14th day. Not sure I like that part of it.

Any suggestions of help would be appreciated it. Like I said, it's just another spot to try, but as of right not my thoughts are "everyone and their Brother are selling there, so I shouldn't expect much."

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

When you start a new account at eBay/paypal tends to put a hold on your account funds until the buyer receives their items and is satisfied with their purchase. so you need to build up some feedback quick and establish yourself as a reliable seller/customer. I suggest you list some fast sellers (less expensive items)and establish some quick feedback.

after you establish yourself your paypal funds will be available the day the are sent. also do you have a paypal debit card?

I use my paypal debit card anywhere that accepts Mastercard $500.00 daily limit for cash back. I dont recall what the spending limit is? (check with paypal) no fees to use paypal card. that way I dont have to wait three days to transfer paypal funds to my bank account. Make sure you confirm your paypal account. check with paypal on how to confirm your account with two bank cards. this makes you a verified seller and should lift any account holds..

Hope this helps

Take care, AzNuggetBob

Also if I overdraft my paypal account with my paypal card it justs automatically withdraws the excess funds from my primary bank account, and no fees.

Thanks Frank
I’ve been using Paypal for many years ever since they were a risky little online start-up. I like paypal. over the years I have been involved in several disputes between me, a buyer or seller and Paypal. and I've had funds temporarily frozen a few times while paypal sorted out all the details but in the end I've always prevailed (so far) and paypal has recovered money or merchandise that I otherwise would have lost.
Same thing with ebay. I’ve also been with them for many years and thru several disputes, there is always that person that no matter what you try you just can't satisfy them or some scammer doing their best to rip you off. Paypal is very good at spotting and dealing with scams and scammers. I probably would not do business online without them.

Note: so there is no confusion about some of my earlier comments above. Paypal has several different account choices (types) with different services and fees. so If your considering opening an account I suggest you review them all and choose the type of account that fits your needs.

Rob best of luck on ebay.
I dont think most other detector dealers are going to be able to compete with your package deals and free field training services with detector purchase. Once you get established I think you will do well.
Take care all, AzNuggetBob