Garrett ATX (Extreme Pulse Induction) Gold

• Admin

Hello All,

Quick report: The unit is very simple to operation and understand. A total of eight different push buttons that are labeled and easy to understand and interpret. The unit is complete waterproof, extremely sensitive to small gold and gets good depth. Still a lot of testing to do, but found it can detect some types of gold smaller than the GPX 5000. You can use rechargeables or alkaline batteries. It's a bit heavier than I expected, but for all the other features and great price, I can manage the weight with a good bungee cord or harness system (Pro-Swing 45 or Hipstick setup).

We are a Garrett Dealer and will have more in stock soon. The supply is very limited and all my stock is gone from pre-orders. Call us if you have question, or post here on the forums.

Gold Found with the Garrett ATX prospecting in Arizona -

Garrett ATX Basic Package - $2,120.75

More coming soon .....

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob for your report on the ATX. Now to see what Minelab has to offer in their new detector.

The main thing it will come down between Garrett and Minelab is what it can do for the price. Until I hear a report on Minelab I'd say Garrett has it all together. Yes I know on the high end Minelab has been number one for a long time. I could never understand why Minelab stopped the SD line AlI can say is they didn't call me.

Chuck

Yeah, agree with spoked coils in the bush. You spend half your energy during the hunt freeing them up! I do have an 18" spoked for my 5, the enclosed it too heavy, but I have a solid skid plate on it. My 12" is a solid though, deadly little coil.