LIMIT TIME - MINELAB GPX 4800 FOR $3995.00

• Admin

Hello All,

Just for the month of March, Minelab is running a SUPER SPECIAL on the Minelab GPX 4800 metal detector. The GPX 4800 was released the same time as the GPX 5000 and has very similar functions for gold nugget, coin, relic or meteorite hunting.

We have plenty in stock for this special, give us a call at 623.362.1459, email us or order online at - http://www.robsdetectors.com/gpx-4800

Price is $3995.00, we include FREE Shipping/Insurance to the Lower 48, Unlimited Support beyond the sale and Field Training in Arizona.

Act now if you're interested!

Rob Allison

Never thought much of the GPX 4800 as just the extra coil alone made the GPX 5000 worth the extra few bucks. But this is a great chance for anyone wishing they could get a new GPX with a three year warranty from Rob. I love my GPX 5000 but I can't honestly say it is worth $1800 more than a GPX 4800 to most people. Buy a GPX 4800 and an ounce of gold nuggets and you will still be money ahead!

I hear all the time people saying I found a nugget with my 5000. I can't remember anyone saying I found a nugget with my 4800. I know when both are at full price everybody goes for the 5000.

I'd like to know in the real world is the 5000 that much better than 4800 ? I don't believe this is like the SD's to the 5000 but just what is it ?

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I actually know several guys that purchased the GPX 4800's that are doing well chasing gold with them. Both of them don't get on the forums much, let alone post pictures.

I think if Minelab would have released the GPX 4800 on the original release date we would have seen more finding gold with it. The GPX 4500 was out for a long stretch and the GPX 4800 was the next in line. Some would have invested in the GPX 4800, but since both the 4800 & 5000 got released at the same time, majority jumped into the GPX 5000 knowing it had more features and an extra coil.

For the price of $3995.00, it's pretty hard to beat a great PI for that. The special is only running for the month of March, so if anyone is on the fence, this might be the time to jump in the game.

Thanks Rob for the reply!

I see in the 4800 and the 5000 like a lot coin detectors by the same company. In the case of the 5000

it has 8 programs and the less costly 4800 has 6 programs. If you look at White's coin machines you see the same thing. It comes down to how big is your pocketbook on what you buy and what you think you can live without.

I too could never understand WHY Minelab came out with both 4800 and the 5000 at the same time. If the 4800 would have been a little above the SD line and near their price maybe so but that's not the case.

I'm sure they will call you next time they do something like that again. HAHa

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

Well since the GPX 4500's over in Africa and other third world countries were selling off the shelves, Minelab wasn't going to release the GPX 4800 on the release date. This is at least what most seem to believe and it makes perfect sense if the GPX 4500's were selling that well. I heard during that time frame, less than a year, over 200 million dollars worth of GPX 4500's were sold to the African market. If this is correct, congrats on them. However, it wasn't long before the counterfeiters seen a huge opportunity to get into the market making make Minelab and Coiltek products.

Counterfeiters couldn't get a foot in the door if people didn't think you can get something for nothing. The sad part is it hunts the customer and the company who makes the real product. China is a big one who makes lots of look alike and you don't find this out until it's too late. All needs to remember if it looks like free gold you may be getting only the shaft.

Chuck Anders