Today's Short Summer Hunt

• Admin

Hello All,

No big story behind the finds, just the fact I managed to escape and do a bit of hunting this morning before it got too hot here in Arizona. Was using the Minelab GPX 5000 on an old patch that still seems to give up a few nuggets here and there for the methodical prospector. Great feeling finding some gold when you've been so wound up with work, business and other stressful things in life.

Biggest nugget is 4.1 Dwt's, others are just dinks.

post-2-0-88875400-1402185772_thumb.jpg

Have a great weekend friends! ;)

Rob Allison

Nice gold Rob. I made it out today and found a sunburn. . . it should turn golden brown in a day er two. :blink: None the less.. had a great time with my son and his girlfriend. Parked right by a stallions am water hole and he didn't like it and after a few snorts and stomps, he took off. We did find a couple old crevice wedges.

WTG Rob...

Too toasty out there for me

Going to go up to Lynx creek for 3 days at the end of this month.

Will get some hunting in up there were its a little cooler.

Tom

• Admin

Hey Guys,

None of the nuggets were in cracks, but laying on top of the bedrock. Most were only a few inches deep under the reddish soil. Didn't see any snakes this weekend, probably too hot and I was working more open areas with minimal brush around.