Post from "Silver Dog Doug" Prospecting in California

• Admin
Rob, my wife and I visited

our Daughter in Oroville,Ca., this past week, and my good friend Lucky gave me a little help. Each picture came from a different place. Most of the gold is small,but it was a great time. The last day out, I found the two largest nuggets. It was 101 degrees, but it seemed cooler after finding those two. Would you please post for me. Thanks. Silver Dog

Every time Doug comes up to visit his Daughter and Son-n-Law in my neck of the woods, he spends more time chasing nuggets! Thank goodness his Family understands Gold Fever. Doug, isn't the youngest detectorist in the field...I'm 20 years or more his junior and he will run circles around me and NuggetSlayer. His smile with each find, no matter the size, is one of the keys to life. Until the next hunt and smile!

LuckyLundy

Here is a picture of Doug (who beat me to the top of my claim on the edge of the Potato patch from Weaver Wash side)

He and I and Border Boy had a good day climbing humongous rocks and tried to keep from killing ourselves coming down...that is the Johnson Mine in the background and DOWN about a mile!!!!!

It wasn't the best day detecting...lol

Yea, Lucky....he smoked me going up and coming down,,,,,lolol

Good to see you still getting the gold Doug!

paul

i dont have enough picture space to upload the shot.....

OK Clay- i just havew one and it is a good one of Doug almost on top of the Potato Patch with the Johnson Mine in the background.

I gave Paul the picture storage but the last time I heard from him was just before dark and he was "hunting for a discovery monument". I'm guessing he's either filling his poke now or that monument got the best of him. :o

Here's the picture:

Silver_Dog_Doug.jpg

I'll let him fill you in on the details.