Got 9 today

hit an old area today and pulled 8 out of it then ran into some dredgers on the way home and they asked for a few tips on detecting so I was explaining about the different tones and how to hunt in trashy areas and I got a perfect tone in a crack in the granite bedrock and a half hour of chopping and finally a spud bar and out popped the center piece. They couldn't believe how deep the minelab can hit a piece in a crack, they all thought I was nuts and it was just a slight hot spot or I was scraping the coil, but patience and a lot of chopping proved my ear out.post-121-0-70460900-1415250684_thumb.jpg

WTG Glenn!

Nice nuggets.
Whats even better is you were able to do it in front of the dredgers :)

Good you got out and got some....im fixing vehicles this weekend :angry2:

Just finished changing the fluids in the front and rear diff's transfer case and oil change and spark plugs. Cleaned throttle body and replaced air filter. All ready for camping in southern AZ. I will find some gold hopefully. Then the Tacoma goes to the paint shop on Tuesday need to paint the roof and hood.

Nice shooting Glenn you are on a good roll right now.

Not off base at all Rob...

Im sure there are LOTS more on the hills and ridges that the old timers didn't have the means to get to.

Ive popped a couple of good ones they sure would have liked to have but they were under the dirt :)

Detectors are awesome :)
Tom H.

Glenn:
In reply to the original post...............you were chipping away at bedrock. :)
Been there done that!

Thought I hit some hot bedrock in my area as it happens sometimes.

So, I get this signal..dig down to the bedrock...what the hay...

Start waking on it and it gets louder. Hmmm...so I wack so more. Should have worn safety glasses!

Well as with you the dern little guy was still crawling down when I finally got

him in the spoon.

Its amazing how deep that yellow stuff can go sometimes :)

GL to ya!
Tom H

baleted