6 more nuggets today, June 4, 2015

Although I am not sure you could call some of these nuggets. I have never seen a detector, other than a Goldbug, pick up gold this small, and certainly not at the depth.

In order of size

1 grain .08 gram

1. 6 grain .10 gram

3 grain .20 gram

4.9 grain .31 gram

5.4 grain .34 gram

17.3 grain 1.12 gram

Those little pieces are just as clear as clear can be. Of course so are those darn little pieces of wire.

I have videos but I have to edit them. Takes me about 5 times as long to find a 1 grain as it does to find a 1 gram piece.

Doc

post-16-0-54058400-1433475452_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Doc,

Congrats on the new nuggets. I sold a GPZ 7000 to a guy several months ago. He was really "uncertain" I was giving him honest advice when I told him the new GPZ 7000 with the stock 14x13 can find gold down to a grain and under at or near the surface. He said he never heard of a PI, or a detector such as this technology with a large loop find small gold. He swore by the Falcon-MD20, which he found thousands of pieces under a grain working cracks and such.

He has now found over 100 pieces of gold, most of them from a grain to a Dwt in size in the same places he worked with the MD-20. He is excited he can cover so much more ground, still find the small nuggets and larger ones at depth. Before with the MD-20, he had no depth ability.

The GPZ 7000 is amazing, that is all I can say!

WTG Doc:
That is really amazing with a PI.

Glad you got em :)

Got one question.....how does the 7000 handle hot rocks? Iron and Alkaline... As compared to the 5000?
Tks
Tom H.

Hot rocks are about the same as the GPX5000.

They are usually right on top, you can spot them right away. Usually flat grey,

You can adjust the ground conditions to difficult or severe, but you cut down your sensitivity.

The hot rock situation, at least for me, is a non situation. Targets sound different. They are sharper and more precise and they get louder as you get closer. Hot rocks have a mushy start and finish and they never get better, they always sound the same.

I don't think I have ever dug a hot rock at any considerable depth. The exception is, if it is a rock that actually has a band of iron running through it and it sticks to a magnet. Those sound off pretty good.

Doc

Doc:
That's my situation...banded ironstone.

Lots of it. They sound nice and mellow like gold and I dig a lot of them....but there is gold along with it so I don't mind :)

I got a little under a half ozer that was sandwiched inbetween hematite that gave a reverse signal out of the wash also.
Tom H.

post-33762-0-10877200-1433620631_thumb.j

Oh wow! How cool is that? Heck I'd dig those all day long. I love really interesting nuggets.

I don't know if you are a spiritual man or not, but finding gold always makes me feel closer to the Almighty. If we believe that God made everything, then God made that nugget. And what is more amazing is that he made it just for you. From long before you were born, God said, I am putting this piece of gold in the earth, and I will set it on a path, so that many millions of years later, after Tom is born and he is prospecting, the paths will cross. Tom will find this piece of gold I made and know that I put it there just for him to find. No one else, it is just for Tom.

I also have noticed that the more banded ironstone, really hot rocks, magnetite, and hematite, the more gold there is to be found So you just suffer through it. If you are persistent you sometimes reap a nice reward.

Hot ground, hot gold.

Doc

Doc.

Every piece I find...I send up a Thank you God! :)
I realize my knowledge/machine and skill can only go so far.

The rest is up to him.

Ive found gold from little hunches I've had. Look at a area and say...well heck maybe I will mosey over there...and guess what!
I know its not my skill at reading the land as I don't really have any. So.....it must me him.

I hadn't thought about it the way you put it...but that is awesome and true :)

Tom H.