Anyone been watching Treasure Quest Snake Island on Discovery

They are using Minelab metal detectors almost exclusively.

The one guy who is the one using the Minelabs wears a Minelab hat the entire time. So far I have seen them use the Excalibur II, the CTX3030 and the SDC2300.

I am sure Minelab must have sponsored this expedition.

They are in search of gold stolen from the INCA's. They have a great treasure map and have already found some pretty reliable rock carvings on this island indicating the treasure is buried there. They have also found old block and tackle that was obviously used to off load the gold from the old ship and hide it.

Diving around the island they have found a ship wreck and several silver coins.

Now the BIG problem is, SNAKE ISLAND is not inhabited by humans, just venomous snakes. Golden Lancehead Vipers/ An average population 2000 to 4000 nakes, or 1 snake every square meter. So 1 snake about every square 30 inches.

Very worthwhile television viewing. I really enjoy it.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/treasure-quest-snake-island/

Doc

Doc

I can see walking around with a coin detector but they need a two box detector too. I seen the SDC and I guess Minelab wanting a shot with them swinging it. I've never seen are heard of Minelab having one but I do and I'm willing to loan it but I go with it.

Heck Doc we have islands here in Texas with treasure off shore and snakes to go with it. The good thing is you don't have to go as far and you can get in just as much trouble.

I don't remember seeing anyone in the water with a detector. What I seen of them they were well past the ten foot mark that Minelab can be used. Maybe it was one time but they didn't show the brand.

I don't think they need a bigger boat but could use more detecting equipment. What can I say they didn't ask me.HaHa

Chuck Anders

PS Minelab you make the best nugget detector and it's always a pleasure to use one.

I don't think they are going to find the treasure, otherwise we would have heard about it already. And if they do find it, the Brazilian government will step in and take it all. Just like what happened in Ice Cold Gold when they found the ruby deposit. Both shows are entertaining and worth watching I think.

I would have taken a boat load of Mongoose over there a few months before, let them thin down the snakes, the do real good on cobra's. Grubstake

I was thinking the same thing. And maybe go there when it's cooler and wear some chainmail to guard against snake bites.

I don't have TV here. If I did I would just get up set at most Treasure hunting shows. Like other "UNREAL, REAL LIFE Shows" they make Metal detector people look more bad then good. Like The Gold shows they bring out the Wanta Bee's in droves that don't follow any rules never mind have any Eticate.

As per Snake Island? 10 miles away from the conforts of a Battle ship you Bombard the hell out of the place with Mustard Gas and White Phosherous. Wait three days and Do It Again. Then you hire some Desperate Natives to walk ahead of you with Flame Throwers and Willy Peat Grenades. Don't be forgetting your fang proof shark suit and Bear Bombs and Gas. Camp out for one night in the open Cooking Porter House Steaks, Bean, Bread and Pie. . If you live My bet is the area is clear. Now you can Detecte the Area. Don't be letting the Locals go at this point. Ya be needing them and the Grenades and Flame Throwers walking your flanks.

Just my Three Cents.