First Outing with the new GPZ 7000 Update Loaded

• Admin

Hello All,

A partner and I done some exploring Sunday morning on quads. This was my first outing with the new software updated loaded to the GPZ 7000. The first location we tried, the GPZ 7000 was really going nuts. I was really concerned the update screwed something up. I messed with it for about 15 minutes, but then realized after a friend said his GPX 5000 was so noisy, he couldn't hunt. There was some type of weird EMI going on.

We ended up leaving this location and hunted several others. At the other locations the GPZ just purred along, pretty amazing. The unit seems more stable than before, but I did use the Ferrite Ring during the ground balance process.

We ended up with 15 nuggets (9 of mine are displayed below). All found with the GPZ 7000. Nothing huge, but roughly 6 grams of gold out of a completely new area that shows future promise.

post-2-0-85048700-1445262899_thumb.jpg

It's out there .....

Nice!
WTG on the gold :)
EMI....yup, it was out there sunday for sure.

I was hearing stuff and also thought my detector was going bad or the coil or something.

Not only spikes but a overload sound.

Was he hearing that kind of EMI?
Tom H.