GOLD EXTREME coils for SDC getting some of the good stuff

Hi All, I just thought I would post up a few finds that we are being sent by users of the new coils just so you can see that they are performing quite well. They provide any SDC users with some more options for coverage depth and maneuverability and use the SDC performance abilities to hopefully get more gold from those patches you have been to where the standard coil did very well. Now the new coil sizes are not designed to perform the same as the 8" size as they are different however there may be some abilities you will notice that will be of benefit. larger coils provide more depth and coverage so the 11" and 14x9" sizes will be great there and the smaller 10x5" size is very sensitive and can hit the same and potentially smaller targets than the standard.

Another benefit of the shaft attachment we have created is that the coils now become center mount so can be better balanced, the extra shaft section makes the unit better for taller people as it is 4-5 inches longer and the detector can now lay flat with the coils so it doesn't tip over. 

There has been some queries in regards to the warranty and I can assure you that as long as you follow our procedure to fit the coil you will find it very simple and easy and have no affect on Warranty. There are just 5 screws to undo and this is exactly how a customer or Minelab would do it if the standard ever needed changing. The standard coils are just plugged in like any GPX or GPZ coil so once you undo the coil plug its just plug and play after the shaft install so there is no 'void of warranty' by plugging another coil in. 

I am interested to hear how they are going for those that may have them or if you are thinking about it feel free to ask any questions of either myself or Rob Allison here.

11inch SA gold.jpg

1 ounce of nuggets.jpg

SAGold.jpg

56819001_10216403565993711_3266768824170446848_o.jpg

IMG_3841.JPG

15.1g nugget 2.jpg

• Like 2

In regards to the cable up the shaft this is not an option for our coils plus to change out coils all the time like this on the SDC will be difficult to some degree as at the elbow of the shaft there is a tight corner for the plug to get around and our strain relief on the plug it too large. Its far easier to go around the shaft like the GPX type.

Thanks for the suggestions though! Always keen to hear what other options are out there in peoples heads...

18 minutes ago, Coiltek said:

In regards to the cable up the shaft this is not an option for our coils plus to change out coils all the time like this on the SDC will be difficult to some degree as at the elbow of the shaft there is a tight corner for the plug to get around and our strain relief on the plug it too large. Its far easier to go around the shaft like the GPX type.

Thanks for the suggestions though! Always keen to hear what other options are out there in peoples heads...

Oh that makes sense!  Waitin’ still on the waterproof ones! Thanks!

• Admin

Hey Trev,

Thanks for posting more information and and finds from the new Coiltek Gold Extreme Searchcoils.   Many customers have mentioned what "afreakofnature" mentioned about the coils being waterproof.  I'm sure a good portion of hunters are dry, arid desert detectorist, but some really like that waterproof capability in California, Alaska, Montana and even some of the desert regions during the Winter season.  

We always have the Coiltek Gold Extreme coils in stock and would love to earn any customers business with our great lifetime customer service.  

No problems Rob and further to this we are now releasing Coiltek Master Class videos to help users understand more about the coils. This is the first of 5 in the series on the Gold Extreme coils and if anyone has a question on them they can chat with Rob or myself any time!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all!

Just wanted to let you know we have released the second edition of the Master class videos on the SDC coils... maybe if you are interested in the coils and want to know more about them please watch the videos. They are designed to help people make an informed decision if they wish to purchase one. I hope it helps!