• Admin

Hello All,

I have a lot of video footage and pictures from earlier this season, mostly around the Summer time.  I'm just getting some free time to get some of the stuff uploaded and posted.  I figured this would be a nice nugget to post and see right before the Thanksgiving weekend.  This piece was found under about a foot of hardpack, caliche gravels.  This particular gold nuggets, as seen in the video was wedged in a bedrock crack/crevice.  Just makes you think how many years (hundreds, thousands?) this piece has been hiding there.  

The nugget was difficult to remove from hand tools as we didn't want to damage the piece not knowing the actual size or shape.  We ended up using a Hammer Drill with a chisel bit to extract the gold nugget.  

The nugget ended up weighing right at 1/4 ounce solid.  We also found another smaller one, about 1/2 Gram in the same crack prior to this piece.  I dug the first smaller one out, but knew it was way too loud of a signal on the GPZ 7000 for it to be that small nugget.  Low and behold, we scanned over the spot again and the signal was pretty much just as load as originally.  

Tool used were the Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab GPX 6000, Garrett AT Pinpointer, hand tools, picks and the Hammer Drill.  

Here is a short video below of the gold nugget find and extraction.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks God we are able to enjoy such a wonderful hobby searching for gold.

P.S.  If you enjoy these video, Subscribe to our Nuggethunting channel to follow us.  

Thanks for watching.  Any comments are appreciated.  

• Like 3