What about this heat!

Hendo

I think as we age it just feels hotter every year. Nobody told us it was hot when we were kids in Arizona so we just acclimated to the heat. I grew up with swamp cooling so when it got humid it was a cold shower and drip drying in front of a fan. Those swamp coolers would freeze you out if the humidity was low. They ran full-time from April to November. Their Electric bill is like $150 a month while some people with larger spaces and less efficient ACs these days are paying Nearly $600 a month some more. 

I feel blessed to go detecting all summer at least a few days a month but there is always some intentional preparation that happens the day before with hydrating. You have the place to yourself for sure. Growing up in it and working in it for many years the foods you eat, clothes you wear, and other methods make it tolerable. A good breeze is your friend that's where the clothes come in.

Don't get me wrong the ride home is usually one of the most rejuvenating parts of the day. I know the days of having these areas to myself are nearly over for this year. Usually the the deer hunters start scouting in August and off-roader noise returns. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hendo said:

I've been out in this desert over half of my life, but I ain't seen it this hot before. Any comments? Hendo

I'm with you it stinks 😩

Up at 3am and it's 89 degrees it's not cooling off when Sun goes down.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well July is gone thank Gawd and August is almost gone.

BUT I'm still up at 12-1-2 am and it's Like living again in South Florida to me.

It's so dam hot outside ya can't even open the windows for some fresh air 🤢.

I don't like it.

Can't wait for those beautiful October nights 🥰.

• Like 1