A short trip to Grubstakes Patch

Well Shep and I went nuggethunting today up at my patch, we both scored, I put the stck coil on as the last three times out I got skunked, so I told my wife I was going to change my luck, and use the stck coil today. Shep was using his new Wallaby, but there is also a story to that. Heres the pictures, Shep and me in the cammo, mine was just two nuggets, a 12.5 DWT and a smaller one, Shep total is on the scale also. My two with the quarter. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake & Shep,

Congrats on the new finds! :D Looks like you changed your luck with the stock coil. Was that the 11-inch Mono or DD?

Today Ohio, Leaverite, Carl and I got out for a short hunt. Carl just purchased a new GP3500, but was unable to score a nugget today. He used to own a SD2100 and mentioned he could see a huge difference between the two. I ended up with (11) nuggets, Ohio scored (8) and Leaverite (1). I have to drop a new GP3500 to a new customer tomorrow morning, but we are holding off on field instructions until cooler weather. I'm hoping for another short hunt and maybe a nugget or two.

Move in, clean the area out, get the hell out! :rolleyes:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yeh Rob, it was hot, and a long climb, but worth it, Its the stock 11 inch DD, I really don't ever run mono's up here, just too darned much background noise, formy tired old ears. Sheps going to be PMing you, So keep an eye out for it. Gaine, I hope you guys can get on some stuff like that, but bigger. Good luck to you all up there. Grubstake

Good going Grubstake. I'm glad you were able to get out. Watch that paetner, you don't need that kind of trouble. I hope this patch holds true for you at least 2 more season's. How deep are you finding these?

Bob

Bob, that big one was about 8 inches, right under the roots of the dead Mansinita bush. Most of it is on the surface, to 14 inches, that about the deepest I've found so far, A few I found just under the leaves, laying right on the surface. Grubstake

Bob, that big one was about 8 inches, right under the roots of the dead Mansinita bush. Most of it is on the surface, to 14 inches, that about the deepest I've found so far, A few I found just under the leaves, laying right on the surface. Grubstake

Thats good to hear. I wish at times that ours would be closer to the surface. Watch that heat, drink plenty of water. It's starting to get a bit warm here too. Went into triple digits last week but cooled down to the 90's for now. I hope to go out tomorrow and get some of the overburden moved before it gets to hot.

Bob

Well that was our last hurrah, before memorial day weekend at Rye patch, the grass is high, the snakes are out, and the hill is just a bit tooo much when it get close to a 100. I will still be working some patches that I can drive into, but that one will have to wait until fall, or when I get the use of a dirt bike or quad. Good luck down there BOB, maybe this fall my uncle and I can come down and move some dirt for you. Grubstake

Yeh, I know there is a one ozer up there with my name on it, just a matter of time. And thanks Bob for the invite, I sure would like to see your workings in the fall I hope. you guys do move the dirt, I may have to take a boat to china just to get in your hole, looks like it keeps going down to me. Kinda like that Johnnie Cash song, Down,Down, Down into a burning ring of fire. Ha! Ha! Grubstake :lol:

Yeh, I know there is a one ozer up there with my name on it, just  a matter of time. And thanks Bob for the invite, I sure would like to see your workings in the fall I hope.  you guys do move the dirt, I may have to take a boat to china just to get in your hole, looks like it keeps going down to me. Kinda like that Johnnie Cash song, Down,Down, Down into a burning ring of fire. Ha! Ha! Grubstake :lol:

Yup, every afternoon we order Chinese. Its amazing to follow bedrock the way we are. Now I think we are following old earth movement thats been covered over the years by the rains. Thanks to Chris, I got a better handle on it.

Bob