ON HIS Way Shep

Shep left this morning for Rye Patch, called me from Modesto, at 8 AM. My uncle and I will be there Friday, everyone thats coming, look for Sheps Toyhauler and White extenedcab Truck. See you all there. Gold is calling. Grubstake

Gary:

Where exactly will you guys be?

Shep was asking about some spot and I was unsure where he was referring based on his description. What section will you be in and where?

I am going to be up there probably Saturdayday.

chris

Chris, somewhere in SEC 17, it was a really flat place that Ray Flanigan was camped in, therewas enough room for a few trailers and a good place for our tent. north of the trommel that was up there. I'm just going to look for Shep, last time he and Everett camped right on top of a hill, not a good choise, this is kind of out of the wind. Just look for Sheps rig and our green tent, a big one. Will be in my uncles f250, blue with a white camper shell. Gary

Shep has landed at Rye Patch, Chris go the bottomroad, go to the post with the three tires on it, turn lft and go up hill, Shep said you can see where his toyhauler is parked, on the hill, on a big flat spot. Grubstake

Yeh David, when he called me said he just got there, had 5 beers already at the pizza joint, and was going to set camp up. I told him his limit was one nugget a day until we get there on Friday. He said if he gets the big one before we get there, he4 would drag it out of the hole with the quad. Grubstake

Hey Grubstake,

Just be sure to go low and slow in the areas of the old scrapes..there have been some pretty nice finds in them recently..AND in the area you will be camping.

Anywhere in that area has been a good producer over time...Chris can attest to that...he showed up when I was in the process of finding some pretty nice gold a couple of years back...and he can show you where...

Good luck!

~LARGO~

Grubstake: did you make contact with Everrett? Last time I saw him he was on the road coming down to the Pizza Place, he was changing a flat--didn't want any help.. Bought a beer and left it at the Pizza place with Steve(I think that was his name) I had to get back to Lake Tahoe (forgot my medicine) Hope you find a bunch of large Chevron nuggets--that goes for the whole group..might want to chuck anything under 12 OZ an let it grow for a year---aaahh Shucks just keep everything, next guy to come along would anyway---GOOD LUCK--Hammer

• Admin

Hello Grubstake, Shep and Rye Patchers,

I hope you guys all have a great weekend and find some gold. If it wasn't a 12 hour drive from the Phoenix area I would be there with you guys. I seriously considered the drive with a friend, but for a couple of days it's a long haul and the price of gas would kill us.

Several years ago John B. and I worked around the scraps and did find gold at depth. Most of the stuff was small, but John did manage a nice 1/2 ouner I believe on a hillside.

Keep those coils moving low and slow and hope someone gets over a nice Rye Patch nugget.

Hammer - I nuked the double post. Sometimes it happens if you're on a dial-up connection and you hit the "Add reply" button twice. No biggie, I just clean up the double posts from time to time.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

Good Luck Guys hope everyone finds some nice gold at Rye Patch, Nev Chris and I spent a morning up there last month but got blown out, the wind, and temps were not nice..Going to give that area another try, but at a later date next year, hoping of course the weather will cooperate. Hopefully will be in another area this next week and just might see some of you folks...HH...Geo :)

Thanks Guys, I will be on the forums tonight, And leave to go to my uncles tomarrow morning, we will leave Firday morning for RP, should be there around three pm. I hope if your in the area, stop in and see us. We will be coming home Monday morning early, but Shep will be there for a day or two extra. Maybe I can get luck, I sure would like a hunk of Chevoron gold. Grubstake

Good luck out in RP, guys!! Take lots of pics and send us all some big nuggets! LOLOL

It's so darn dry here in NM that the Forest Service has closed the Lincoln Forest (Jicarilla area gold fields) and the forests up around Sororro (Cibola), so no hunting for us until we get a bunch of rain.

HH, ya'll!

Kajun