rye Patch Bound

Well in the morning I will be headed to my uncles in Monterey, to load up and head for Rye patch on Friday morning, I hope you guys get some gold this weekend, I want to see lots of pictures when I get back, poor Sheps prob. out of beer and got a pound of gold all ready. See you all Tuesday. Grubstake Ps I will be on and off the forums for awhile tonight, but tomarrow-thru tuesday will be un-touchable

Well, I had hoped to join up with Gary, shep and the rest today (Saturday). This morning I got up and it was snowing and the wind was blowing real hard. Hope the guys did OK - looks on the weather radar that they might have gotten some rain....

I decided to stay home and work on packing for Moore Creek.

Chris

Well maybe it is better that they went to Rye Patch. The Supreme White Power, KkK extremists held a rally close to Shep's and Gary's home this weekend. It would have probably been bigger but a parolee heading up the matter went to jail and that is how the rally was discovered in advance of the rally. Jerry

Rob I was going but my mother-in-law died and I had funeral and then family in. All is well and good just got sidetracked some. See you this fall. Plan on being in AZ for 3-4 weeks. Still waiting for the dredge--hasn't been shipped yet. Hope all is going well with your plans. Jerry

Well guys I'm back, I must say, that this trip to Rye Patch was the most misserable trip i have ever been on, I got up and went to my uncles, on Thrus. and got everything loaded up, we left the next morning abot 6 am, got to Rye Patch about 2 pm, the wind was blowing about 40 mph and it was hell getting camp set up, but did finally manage, to get the tent and dinning awning set up, it started to get cold, really cold and more wind, then it started raing, then sleeting, then snowing. It did this till Monday morning, out of three days, we got in maybe 6 hrs. detecting. Shep had been there for 5 days before we got there, and had one little nugget, maybe a gram. No gold for us, kind of a wasted trip. That will be our last to RP, I can get lots of gold right here in my back yard, so thats whee we will stay until it plays out. Heres the Pictures, Shep and my uncle. I'm doing the taking. Grubstake PS lots of Antilope around this trip.

Hi Grubstake,

Good to hear you survived the trip!

That weather out at RP is pretty fickle, and you never know what will happen, in that regard.

Did you see any Saint Elmos Fire????? I have seen that occur several times now, up there, at night, when the wind blows, and the conditions are right, you can hear what sounds like somebody doing some arc welding, and see a little ball of blue fire on the tip of your truck antenna. Kind of neat!

Best get back to your own patch, once you get warmed up again!

~LARGO~

Hi! Largo, no saint elmoe's fire, in fact it was sooo cold, our first camp fire froze, and we had to build another fire to thaw the first one out. It was pretty cold I'll tell you, we were not counting on it being rainy and snowy, and hail, wind was really bad until Sunday afternoon, then it stoped for awhile and the sun came out for about two hours. Then clouds and rain showers again. Not a fun weekend. But we will live over it. I think theres better gold here at home, and I only have to worry about the snakes. If it rains or snows I can be home in 10 minutes. Grubstake

Hey Grubstake,

Nice meeting you Alan and Shep. That was a nice bit of weather bit tuff to beep in tho.I spent most of Saturday napping,eating and power napping. I got skunked too :(

pm me you and Alan's measurements (form hip to top of shoulder) and a shipping address. A lower price for forum members I'm going to make them in 3 sizes small 16" medium 18" and large 20" they come with 1 shaft and 2 belt socket clips (a spare or use it for a pick holder)

and seeing how you and Alan are the first suckers umm I mean happy users! I'll toss in a free one for Shep you guys can split the cost.

nvchris

Wow Grubstake, it sounds like you stopped by my place in Christmas Valley. We have weather like that all the time. Funny thing though, Rye Patch looks exactly like my area here at christmas valley. HMMM!!!!! Haven't heard of any gold being here though. I think I might check out some of these old stream beds here in my area. Never know. We are in the great basin also same as rye patch. Maybe I will be the first guy to find gold in christmas valley. I might give it a try. Sorry you didn't find any gold though. Maybe the gold gods will repay you with a one ouncer when you get back to your home patch. Later my friend

Hi! Jer, your decission not to go was a very good one, itwould have been all for not. Largo, NVCHRIS, invented this little goodie, he never named it, soo I'm calling it the HIP STICK, it will make detecting much easyer. I'll let him chime in for more infor on it, it works great. I wish I had thought of it. Grubstake

OK HipStick it is,

I found a way to mine miners with a ball and stick! :)

It works by transferring the weight of the off your shoulder on to your hip.

How it's used: Clips to your D ring just like your bunge, belt clips position is at tip of hip bone, attach your bunge to the hipstick's D ring, A true ball and socket belt clip for freedom of movement.

nvchris

post-573-1149123524_thumb.jpg