"MOORE CREEK MASTER 1ST WEEK"

• Admin

Hello All,

Well there is no explanation of why, just the fact he holds the most gold! :o Glenn just plain out killed everyone at Moore Creek this year finding over "One Troy Pound" (12+ ounces) of gold. :huh: Besides the 25 ounce nugget found last year, no one has found over a pound of gold in one week at Moore Creek. Anyone can find that single lucky find, but to find a handful of nuggets over the course of a weeks period is just good. From day one Glenn had a game plan and it worked out just like he planned it. Many very good detectorists seem to struggle this year at Moore Creek, but Glenn didn't look back. The first few hours he nailed a 2.66 ouncer right out of a spot that has been absolutely hammered by 20-30 detectorists.

Five of the nuggets are over 1+ ounce. Biggest being 3.03 ounces! :wacko:

All I can say is when you believe in yourself & detector, have a plan and maybe a bit of luck .... Well the picture below says it all. :P

Topdog01.jpg

Congrats Glenn, you the Man! ;)

For everyone that was asking about the equipment he was using. Glenn was using the following detector and accessories -

Minelab GP3000 (3/4's of week and then burned out)

Minelab GP3500 (couple of days)

Coiltek Pocket Rocket Li-Ion Battery System (ran in 6.7v)

Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro Elliptical Searchcoil (everyone was using one!)

Coiltek Short Power Cord

Coiltek External Speaker w/ built in amp

Doc's Heavy Duty Bungee and Swingy Thing

The Minelab & Coiltek Combination really kicked ass this year at Moore Creek.

More pictures coming soon ....

Rob Allison

Finally, not a single bear was seen - except from the plane while in the air. However one night a black bear came close enough to see the camp. He turned around and left, wanting nothing to do with us. He did however, leave his mark in the muddy soil for us to see the next morning.

Chris

post-9-1150518675_thumb.jpg

Bob:

The bedrock is soft and easily dug. When the miners were working the area, they normally took between 1 and 2 feet of bedrock to be sure they got any crevaces. Many of the tailing piles are covered with an outer layer of black bedrock with a few cobbles (from scraping the bottom). When the miners worked these spots, they did not have ponds - the beavers dammed up the small flows around the tailing ponds to create the ponds. Where the bedrock bottom is exposed on benches (like near where the old dragline sits) these spots are poor detecting - Steve said he couldnt even find tiny flakes with his GB2 around the dragline. So I think the pond bottoms have minimal potential. On the other hand, many good tailing piles border ponds. The portions of those tailing piles that are underwater have never been detected. I think those might have potential to an under water prospector with an underwater detector like the Infinium. However the pond water is murky and easily becomes much more murky when stirred up.

Chris

Photo: Here is a shot of the dragline showing soft scraped black shale bedrock in the foreground. Underneath a layer of muck, this is probably what the pond bottoms look like. Note: this was about as sunny as it got while we were there. Most of the time it was a heavy overcast of clouds.

post-9-1150565528_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Jared and All,

Most of the Moore Creek gold is specimen gold. However, George (Seeker) found that beautiful crystalline nugget several years ago that weight almost 4 solid ounces.

There seems to be two types of veins, the very thin vein and the very thick vein. There seems to be one particular zone where you find all the big thick veined gold vs. the smaller stuff. Whether it's the same vein and just pinched down smaller in different locations is another questions .... :huh: or are there multiple vein systems in the area? :mellow:

P.S. Are you the person that discovered the 25 ouncer last year at Moore Creek? :o

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob and all,

Well, what can I say? It was Awesome! I Had hoped to have the time to do a real write up and post a series of Pics, but I'm still playing catch up around the house and at work. I do have to take the time to say, many thanks to Rob for the Invite, Steve and Bob for the great food, accommodations and a real adventure, and to the rest of the guys for the laughs and friendship. Here are a few Pics to tide over the curious until more are posted.

post-25-1150609348_thumb.jpg post-25-1150609413_thumb.jpg post-25-1150609485_thumb.jpg post-25-1150609512_thumb.jpg post-25-1150609552_thumb.jpgpost-25-1150609592_thumb.jpgpost-25-1150609625_thumb.jpg post-25-1150609757_thumb.jpg

Later...Jim P.

Well Congrats to all of guys on working out a great trip, it takes team work. Seem like you may have handed the ball to old Glen to often and he did most of the scoring. No matter, you all came out winners in the long run..hope the trip is available next year and I can come along, I need to have some fun!!! HAMMER

Welll, I think I 'm finally convinced that I'm not going to wake up and realize it was all a dream and the flight leaves tomorrow. I spoke to Rich Lampright today for about two hours, he seemed to think I had some kind of inside track with the big man, but I assured him it just ain't so, it was just one of those weeks that you will remember for the rest of your life. It really would have been super if I had only found the first nugget of 2+ ounces. The food , the friendships, the weather, lack of bugs all made for a great week. Steve, Bob and George couldn't have been better hosts. This trip is an absolute must for anyone wanting to experience Alaska and gold hunting at it's best. Thanks guys, and what's up for next year ,cause in my mind I'm already there.

Congratulations Glen! What a haul. You are one heck of a prospector, and Rob is damn lucky to have you as a partner.

For those of you who have never met Glen, he is every bit as nice a guy as Rob and you'd never know what a fantastic hunter he is because he's just one of those easy going guys not prone to bragging.

Glad everyone had a great time up there and happier still that you all got back safe and sound.

BCOT!

DOC

• Admin

Hello Doc and All,

You have that right, Glenn is one hell of a friend! Funny, I met Glenn several years ago at Rich Hill. He was with another guy working around the Rich Hill area. A friend and I was talking with his other friend, but Glenn wasn't around. For some reason something kept telling me to stick around and meet this other fellow. Well luckily I did, Glenn has been a great friend.

Talk about a hard hunting SOB. The guy has found 10 or more 1+ ounce nuggets within the last couple of years. Many might call it luck, and I'm sure luck does come into play, but he hunts harder and longer than anyone I ever known in this hobby. If you want to be successful, you research, spend the hours and hunt your butt off. Glenn has done all of this and more and deserves every single nugget he has found.

Speaking of Moore Creek, the trip is a blast. Regardless if you ever found a nugget there, the trip is second to none! The Alaskan Moore Creek Trip is worth every penny in my opinion. You get to see the Alaskan outback, all the wildlife, experience the funny weather including the 24 hours of sunlight, meet great people, eat great food and even get some some gold!

I'm honored to know Steve H., owner of Alaska Mining and Diving & owner of Moore Creek. :D

P.S. Doc, sure wish you could have joined us. Glenn ran the pool table in McGrath again, while C.J. ran off with some Alaskan girl the same night. We don't know the whole story behind that yet .... I told him the "Poke it you own it Law" still counts in Alaska. :wacko:

Take care,

Rob Allison