Research

Guest Bunk

• Admin

Hello Bunk,

The LR2000 is layman's terms is a BLM Program for mineral claims. You can research claims online now with the LR2000 by setting up different parameters. You can research claims by name, claim owner(s) or even by geographic area (Township, Range, Section). Pretty slick program once you figure it out. It's used to be more difficult to use, but the BLM have made it a bit more user friendly.

You might also consider my buddy Gary's Research CD Program called Hystware. Find and locate mining sites where Gold, Silver, Gems and other PM's have been found in the past. The most comprehensive research tool available for finding the location of historically recorded mines and mineral deposits in the United States and Alaska. Here is the link - http://www.hystware.com/

Great talking with you the other night.

Rob Allison

Hi Bunk,

There are some cool stuff for research :D LR2000, Google Earth, USGS, and on Rod's site, some good info on how to use it :blink: also Rod's Minloc system... Arizona Gold Prospectors, I don't know how to post his link...

Take care,

Ed

Hello Bunk,

The LR2000 is layman's terms is a BLM Program for mineral claims. You can research claims online now with the LR2000 by setting up different parameters. You can research claims by name, claim owner(s) or even by geographic area (Township, Range, Section). Pretty slick program once you figure it out. It's used to be more difficult to use, but the BLM have made it a bit more user friendly.

You might also consider my buddy Gary's Research CD Program called Hystware. Find and locate mining sites where Gold, Silver, Gems and other PM's have been found in the past. The most comprehensive research tool available for finding the location of historically recorded mines and mineral deposits in the United States and Alaska. Here is the link - http://www.hystware.com/

Great talking with you the other night.

Rob Allison

OK Rob, I got you on this one. You say "United States and Alaska", where do you think Alaska is?? :o Just picking on you man, keep finding that gold, things are getting frozen around here, Bob(AK)

This is very interesting!

When I was doing this ten years ago, I had no computer. I am not very good at the on line thing even now, but this has to be easyier than all the leg work that it used to take to do research.

Thanks Bunk

ote name='Big Ed' post='21722' date='Oct 27 2006, 06:30 AM']

Hi Bunk,

There are some cool stuff for research :D LR2000, Google Earth, USGS, and on Rod's site, some good info on how to use it :blink: also Rod's Minloc system... Arizona Gold Prospectors, I don't know how to post his link...

Take care,

Ed