Great day at 24K

Good day at the 24K claims today.

A good number of nuggets found on the pushes today.

Skipper Bill found the best, but I will let him tell about that one. It was Skippers first one and what a way to start out.

The only way it could have been better was if I had found that one and he could have found a bigger one. :P

I ended up with three dinks, coming in at 23 grains, just short of a DWT. :angry:

At least I got to send the skunk on to someone else. Maybe he stopped at Flak's. :unsure:

Bob T.

Colorado Bob,

Is THAT where the skunk came from :o ...

Well, nice going at the Hill...I think there's a huge one in there for you

stay at it...

I didn't do anywhere as well as that, but one flake

was enough to send the ole skunk packing...

Muttered something about South America

as he slamed the door

behind him...

Happy New Year Bob.

B)

Flak

I don't post much to that South American thread you mention Flak but I read it every day and very much enjoy the sence of humor and long distance commoradory.

If you all want to get rid of those pestkey 'skunks' send them packin' to my house, I have one of those real live ones in the back yard, just can't get rid of it.

Maybe I need to get the detector out and place in the yard overnight as bait!!! :P

Heck now that I think of it, I could charge a small fee for 'Skunk Abatement' :lol: for you guys.

Gary

• Admin

Hello Bob,

I posted a long thread about yesterday's hunt at the hill, but the server crashed! Well, I'm getting ready to hit the hills again this morning over on some local ground.

Bill Skipper nugget was a solid 1.5 ounces. I posted a picture below of Bill, new GPX-4000 and his first gold nugget! :D

Glenn found a nice nugget weighing 108 grains from the same area.

About 20 nuggets were found total from what I seen. Most of them were small besides Bill's and Glenn's.

I found two small ones during GPX-4000 field instructions. One customer from Kansas will be taking an Arizona gold nugget home with him.

Kevin H. was there from Minelab USA doing some metal detecting filming. :o Thanks for spending some time with me and my new customers Kevin. ;)

Talk with you guys later,

Rob Allison

Colorado Bob,

Is THAT where the skunk came from :o ...

Well, nice going at the Hill...I think there's a huge one in there for you

stay at it...

I didn't do anywhere as well as that, but one flake

was enough to send the ole skunk packing...

Muttered something about South America

as he slamed the door

behind him...

Happy New Year Bob.

B)

Flak

Wow I didnt know you could pass that skunk on to someone else. I better be careful who I piss off. Nice lump of gold Bill, Great way to start. AzNuggetBob

What a thrill it was to find my first nugget. All cleaned up with soap and water it weighs 1.48 ounces. I think I must have been in shock after finding it. About three hours later I got really excited and haven't come off the high yet. I will get some pictures now that the dirt is all off and try to post them later.

Happy New Year to everyone

Bill

• Admin

Hello AzNuggetBob,

The 1.48 ouncer was one hell of a piece. However, could only imagine some of the nuggets you have seen over the years ... :blink:

This piece was Bill's first find. I think he spoiled himself too soon. Nuggets like that are very rare and hard to come by, but if it was my first find I wouldn't complain! :D

Take care,

Rob Allison