Happy New Year from a new member!!

Happy New Year!!

I thought I should introduce my wife and myself so you would all know who it is asking all those stupid questions and why we're asking :D

Melinda and I just discovered this site and knew we HAD to join. We were both bitten by the gold bug while panning when we were last in Arizona and are now making plans to move there from Conway Arkansas in April of 2007.

We should be official Prescott Valley Arizonians by then and are looking forward to learning all we can about this area and this hobby that we can. We decided that since all four of our kids are out on their own with families of their own that it was time for us to do what WE wanted to do.....and that was moving to AZ and learning to prospect for gold. WE have 2 daughters and 2 sons ranging in age from 24 to 19. Two are married and 2 are engaged to be married. The youngest son has given us our first grandchild! (Doesn't Melinda look GREAT for a grandma!! :P )

We are planning to finalize the moving arrangements to Prescott Valley, AZ with a trip out there in February. If anyone from that area has any advice beneficial to us moving there, we would greatly appreciate receiving it. It is always helpful to hear from others who are familiar with the area we are moving to.

Melinda and I love to metal detect already. We have 2 Whites detectors (DFX and Silver Eagle) already but we realize we will need a lot more to be able to add prospecting and nugget hunting to our abilities. We will probably have to add to our supplies gradually but we are hoping to add friends and others with similar interests immediately. :) Life is simply too short to miss out on the things you enjoy doing and to not be with people whose company you enjoy!

Sorry this post is so long but I thought you all deserved to know who we new members are! Melinda and I look forward to learning from and hopefully contributing to this forum!

Bill & Melinda Mize

Bill & Melinda,

WELCOME ABOARD. I think you will find many answers here of this forum. Questions is what its all about. I've been mining for 54 years, yet metal detecting is totally new to me. I have found many who are willing to help from the VLF type detectors tothe PI type detectors. So ask away!!!!

29 prospector(aka O'29er in 29)

• Admin

Hello Bill & Melinda,

Thanks for joining the Nuggethunting.com Gold Forums. Years ago I formed these forums to bring people with like interests together. Gold Prospecting and Electronic Prospecting are great hobbies and I couldn't imagine not doing them.

The Prescott Valley area is beautiful and you're going to love it up there. The area is growing fast, but what part of Arizona isn't. You're going to be right in the heart of gold country. The Bradshaw Mountains being just a short drive to the South. This range extends from Lake Pleasant (South end) all the way North to Prescott. Lynx Creek being one of the most productive gold bearing creeks in the Bradshaw's.

Glad to have you aboard the forums. There are no stupid questions, so just start asking them ... :P

Hope to see you contributing more soon.

Rob Allison

Happy New Year!!

I thought I should introduce my wife and myself so you would all know who it is asking all those stupid questions and why we're asking :D

Melinda and I just discovered this site and knew we HAD to join. We were both bitten by the gold bug while panning when we were last in Arizona and are now making plans to move there from Conway Arkansas in April of 2007.

We should be official Prescott Valley Arizonians by then and are looking forward to learning all we can about this area and this hobby that we can. We decided that since all four of our kids are out on their own with families of their own that it was time for us to do what WE wanted to do.....and that was moving to AZ and learning to prospect for gold. WE have 2 daughters and 2 sons ranging in age from 24 to 19. Two are married and 2 are engaged to be married. The youngest son has given us our first grandchild! (Doesn't Melinda look GREAT for a grandma!! :P )

We are planning to finalize the moving arrangements to Prescott Valley, AZ with a trip out there in February. If anyone from that area has any advice beneficial to us moving there, we would greatly appreciate receiving it. It is always helpful to hear from others who are familiar with the area we are moving to.

Melinda and I love to metal detect already. We have 2 Whites detectors (DFX and Silver Eagle) already but we realize we will need a lot more to be able to add prospecting and nugget hunting to our abilities. We will probably have to add to our supplies gradually but we are hoping to add friends and others with similar interests immediately. :) Life is simply too short to miss out on the things you enjoy doing and to not be with people whose company you enjoy!

Sorry this post is so long but I thought you all deserved to know who we new members are! Melinda and I look forward to learning from and hopefully contributing to this forum!

Bill & Melinda Mize

Howdy B&M, I live in Chino Valley. Give me a shout when you get out this way and I would be glad to show you around.

Bunk

Welcome Bill & Melinda

This forum has agreat bunch of folks with many of them here in Arizona.

Like Nuggethunter said (Rob) Prescott Valley is a beautiful place.

Hope your Feb trip goes well and hope to see you guys in April.

You should contact Bunk directly as he may help you answer your questions about Prescott Valley as he live in Chino.

Have you thought about joing a club in the area?

:D Iggy