Pocket Rocket & Older Minelab Units ... Amazing

Yo All....I got my new Pocket Rocket power set from Rob last week...I had some operator error at first because the directions, as Rob pointed out, were not exactly clear...However, Once I got it all figured out, with Rob's help, I got out into a wash that I have pulled several ounces from...After several years of hunting this wash, there's simply no targets of any kind... I've recently been hunting it with the Coiltek 18" DD Pro, but, even so, I finally reached the point of no targets...Thursday, I got out with my SD2100 and fired up the Pocket Rocket with my 18" coil....Almost immediately I started getting targets on spots I've litterally covered 50+ times...Ended up digging a bunch of deep holes down to bedrock which is about 2 feet deep...All the deep targets were nails that I'd missed before, no gold, but I feel strongly that had there been gold, I would have found it...I'll keep you posted on my adventures with the Pocket Rocket...So far, I'm a believer and feel it is a good way to get moved toward the 3500 & 4000 performance territory for less than $300 bucks....Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Uncle Ron,

Your right the Pocket Rocket ROCKS! ;) I use the coil teck cover & attached the pocket rocket to the side of my ML with the short cord.............. Eleminates the harness, hanging wires & that heavy battery...........got mine from Rob over 3 months ago.........1st extra thing I ordered before I ordered an extra coil------- Go find the big one Uncle Ron, good hunting-------------wonderer

Yo All....I got my new Pocket Rocket power set from Rob last week...I had some operator error at first because the directions, as Rob pointed out, were not exactly clear...However, Once I got it all figured out, with Rob's help, I got out into a wash that I have pulled several ounces from...After several years of hunting this wash, there's simply no targets of any kind... I've recently been hunting it with the Coiltek 18" DD Pro, but, even so, I finally reached the point of no targets...Thursday, I got out with my SD2100 and fired up the Pocket Rocket with my 18" coil....Almost immediately I started getting targets on spots I've litterally covered 50+ times...Ended up digging a bunch of deep holes down to bedrock which is about 2 feet deep...All the deep targets were nails that I'd missed before, no gold, but I feel strongly that had there been gold, I would have found it...I'll keep you posted on my adventures with the Pocket Rocket...So far, I'm a believer and feel it is a good way to get moved toward the 3500 & 4000 performance territory for less than $300 bucks....Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Ron

Next time we hook up I'd like you to take a look at my SD2100 and let me know if I'm setting things up right. Any time you need a 2nd mate on your journeys I'm willing to come and help.

Actually I need some pointers with the 2100 and being that is what you use I'm sure you have the answers.

Iggy

Guest Mike C...

Hi Unc-the pocket rocket is a nice setup-lite weight-small-but it takes like 6-8 hrs to charge it up-which is no big deal because you get 2 batteries with it----now the new 4000 battery is the real deal-it might not be as compact as the PR but its lite-last for 12 hrs on one charge and after beepin all day with it I throw it on the charger when I get home and its all charged up in less than 2 hrs-this is the fastest charging battery system out there-minelab did good in my book-Under $300.00 you say ???Huh ??? Rob got me for a little over $300.00 for mine :angry: whats up with that Rob :( -Mike C... ;)

Mike is right, it does take a long time to charge those p.r. batts, about as long as the time you have used them.

I detect with a fresh one for 1/2 day, put it on the charger, then it is ready about the time I stop detecting, that way, I have max power output for most of the day, rather than having a diminishing output, if I detected all day with the same battery.

I have mine marked 1 and 2 , so I can keep track of which battery I have used or not.

~LARGO~

Any of you guys know if it would be possible to run the new factory 4000 battery on a gp3000? If it is possible to change the connector from the 5 to 4 pin, would the the higher voltage be too much for the internal regulator to handle?

Just wondering

• Admin

Hey Guys,

You really can't beat the Coiltek Pocket Rocket System. Yes, the Li-Ion batteries do take anywhere from 4-6 hours to fully charge. However, you do get two batteries, so you can use one and charge the other. I recommend having three batteries, two with you at all times and another charging. Replacement 7800mah batteries are $40 and well worth it. I took five of them to Alaska and carried three on me at all times and didn't even know they were in the backpack due to their weight! :D

The Minelab Li-Ion battery does charge much quicker. However, it's four times the size and cant be mounted to the detector control box like the Pocket Rocket system.

Mike - Just for your knowledge, the original Minelab price on the Li-Ion battery was well over $300. Dealers and customers started to complain and Minelab adjusted the price lower. Don't worry, I'm the last person to ripe you off Mike. ;)

Wes - I wouldn't try to use the GPX-4000 battery on anything but the GPX-4000. The voltage output is much higher and could potentially damage prior units. This would also void any warranty. I think the Coiltek Pocket Rocket is still a much better deal and cheaper.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Hi Rob I was'nt talking $300.00 for the ml battery I was talking about the coiltek pocket rocket you sold me-it cost me over $300.00 and I see others stating they got it for under that :blink: -no biggie but whats up with that :unsure: -I guess I'll know better next time ;) -Mike C... :(

WES, under no circumstances use the 4000 Lithium Ion Battery on any detector other than a GP4000. If you do use it on any of the lesser models, GP3500 and below, you WILL BLOW up the detector. It cannot take that kind of voltage.

DOC

Any of you guys know if it would be possible to run the new factory 4000 battery on a gp3000? If it is possible to change the connector from the 5 to 4 pin, would the the higher voltage be too much for the internal regulator to handle?

Just wondering