Quick Update on the GPX-4000

• Admin

Hello All,

Well Glenn mentioned he ran his new Minelab GPX-4000 at Moore Creek maxed out! That is right, Gain at 15, Deep, Normal .... etc. He said he knows for a fact he missed several nuggets at depth with the GP3000 that he found with the new GPX-4000. He said at Moore Creek using the cranked up settings the machine still ran very smooth.

Sure wish I could have been there ... :angry:

Rob Allison

Went to Alaska to work for a summer when I was 17, amazing place and probably cheaper to get to than OZ. Far less things to bite or sting you in AK though.

Sounds like Glenn may be looking at some sizable chunks at the bottom of some really deep holes!!! :rolleyes:

JW

Hi,

It is as if the GPX-4000 was designed for Moore Creek. All the previous Minelab units generated faint signals from hot rocks. You got the choice to dig all faint signals looking for small or deep gold, but paid the price in digging lots of hot rocks. Or ignored the faint signals waiting for a bit sharper hit. Thereby digging few hot rocks but missing some gold.

The GPX easily handles the conditions at Moore Creek better than previous models. Both the Deep mode and Smooth settings allow for far quieter operation. And due to our total lack of outside electrical interference, the threshold runs as smooth as a VLF. I do not think it is that the previous models might not get the gold. It is just now I do not have to dig a pile of hot rocks!

All I can say is that when people question the GPX-4000 as being any kind of improvement over previous models I have no idea what the heck they are talking about. You get in the right places and it is like night and day.

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Steve is 100% correct, now when you come to a place like Moore Creek with so many varieties of Hot Pos and Neg signals you can bring your favorite DD or Mono coil, adjust the Detector so it is Smooth and be confident you can find gold. I believe Glenn had brought the 14" Coiltek DD he had so much luck with last year and I think if not for his Mother becoming ill, he may have had another very successful hunt. What I really like about this unit is this; now I can tell it how fast I am going to sweep, what coil I am going to use, then I am going to use the rest of the adjustments to smooth the threshold so I can hear whats going on in the ground. I usually leave it set at the gain function so I can raise or lower it to suit my preference, I have found more smaller pieces this year and I think part of the reason is we are cleaning up the deeper smaller bits we did not hear before.......One of the smaller nuggets I picked up was found between two hot rocks, I havent used a DD yet but I have a place in mind for the waterproof elliptical I have....Good Hunting...... :) Geo

• Admin

Hello Seeker,

Glenn borrowed my Coiltek 17-inch "R-Factor" Elliptical Mono and brought his Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro along. He said the GPX-4000 and the "R-Factor" found nuggets/specimens he knows he missed the year prior. Sure wish I could have been there. :(

Good to hear you're loving the GPX-4000. There is no questions it's an amazing metal detector.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanx for the info Rob I wasn't sure as I didn't get a chance to look at his rig. The small deep gold is beginning to appear for many reasons and there are still some large pieces to be found yet, what will be interesting to see is when the Dozer gets healed up and some adjustments to the tailings happens as it will be a brand new game...Good Hunting Geo