Frist day out with the new GPX 4000

Matt

Nice nugget. Hope you get many more with the new machine. Try changing the settings after you locate a target that sounds like a good target, but don't scratch the ground. Change the settings and then ground balance and re-check the target. It is hard to resist starting to dig. Doing this really helped me to max out my 4000 for the area I hunt. Nice way to start out with a new machine. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

Yo Matt...Great job! Very nice nugget...In the photo it almost resembles the chevron gold from Rye Patch...What detector were you using before the 4K?

WTG to you too, Grubby...Good one there....You haven't been posting as much lately...Snowed in yet?

Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

I ran the 2200 before the 4000. I need a longer shaft for the 4000 it is alot more sensitive than the 2200 and at 6'3" the coil is to close and picking up interfeance from the stuff I carry with me.

Had to give Grubstake money to bye smokes today so his wife could tolerate him until tomarrow.

So now that I gave Grubstake a grubstake I get half of his take.

Right Grubstake :D

Take care,Matt

• Admin

Hello Matt & Grubstake,

Congrats on your new finds. Heck, I'll take all the 1 Dwter's that are out there. :D

Matt - Sounds like you're really liking the GPX-4000. You might consider the "Bates No Metal" boots from Doc like I mentioned to you on the phone last week. Also, if you need to get further out away, Otto makes a longer lower shaft that is like 3-4 inches longer than the stock Otto or Minelab.

A friend is also making a longer metal upper Minelab shaft that is like 5-6 inches longer than your stock upper shaft.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison