Travel Channel to feature Moore Creek & Hope, Alaska on Tuesday Dec. 18th

The Travel Channel Cash & Treasure Show will feature Moore Creek and Hope, Alaska on Tuesday, December 18th. It will air twice that day, but as for exact times you will have to check your local listings.

First they feature the Himalaya Tourmaline Mine in Costa Mesa, California. The Alaska portion of the show is in the second 1/2 hour

The Moore Creek portion is pretty much about detecting for nuggets and prominently features the Minelab GPX-4000. The Hope, Alaska portion is about suction dredging. So check it out, it ought to be fun!

Steve Herschbach

Can't wait, Arctic Hysteria already has me pretty edgy and winter has jsut gotten started...With a little luck on my side I am going to try and take my mate home this afternoon if she is up to it.....Good hunting Geo

• Admin

Hello Steve,

The show was on at 7:30pm here in Arizona. I watch the prior show about Tourmaline mining also. Looks like Keith got some TV time also! :D

Can't wait to get back to Moore Creek in 2008. Anyone interested should contact Steve H. ASAP to get a spot reserved. The odds of finding a gold nugget at Moore Creek is very high.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Just finished watching the Alaska episode and the Moore Creek part in particular. I think the show gave a pretty good representation of metal detecting. Some dig up nails, nails and more nails...others nuggets. Sure hope I graduate from nails soon. :lol:

Steve and Keith got some great air time and even saw Kris and the back of Mike's head. Too bad they didn't dedicate the whole show to Moore Creek. There is a lot more to the experience than just detecting...

Hi Guys,

I'm very pleased with the show. Last thing I want is it to look too easy as that attracts people I'd just as soon not have. I do wish they would not talk about the money end as much. They had a heck of an adventure. Just being in the middle of nowhere Alaska is reward enough for me! Yeah, that nugget might only be worth $100 bucks, but to the person that finds it it is priceless. The fact also is that I've met some of my favorite people in the world at Moore Creek, and how do you put a price tag on that?

Steve Herschbach