"Gold Nugget Totals for 2007?"

• Admin

Hello All,

Just curious how everyone done nugget nugget this year? I know some don't like to talk about their finds and that is fine. However, for the ones that would like to share we all would like to hear about it. Please include total nuggets found, total weight and what detectors you used.

I will get a picture of my 2007 finds within the next day or so. I know I did well number wise, but not the best for weights. Biggest was just over 1 ounce, smallest under 1 grain in size.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well I sell or trade my gold as I get it, but I still have a few pictures of what I got, but not all of it. I'm guessing, somewhere in the 4 oz mark, give or take, one day I did get 6 nuggets on our hill patch for over a once and a half. But here lately I have not done good at all. I hope it will change. Heres some of my gold. Grubstake

Hello All,

Here are some gold nuggets found by a good friend in N. California. I won't mention his name or where he is finding them, but he one great nugget hunter! All the gold nuggets pictured were found with a Minelab metal detector.

Congrats! ;)

Rob Allison

My guess is Matt. Those your nuggets Matt? They look like a great find indeed.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Nope, those aren't Matt's nuggets. The person that found those nuggets is a member of this forum. However, I told him I wouldn't mention any names or location. I'm sure many know who the finder is though. :huh:

Maybe he will add some information ....

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is my collection of gold nuggets and specimens from the 2007 season. Some might have been found at the end of 2006, but 99% of them in 2007 with the GPX-4000.

Biggest nugget is just over an ounce, smallest under a grain in size. Probably my worst year for larger nuggets, but a good year for numbers.

There are 469 gold nuggets in the picture.

Hoping to see some other collections.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello Bob,

Very nice collection of gold nuggets! How many do you have in the picture?

It amazing how many gold nuggets that have been found, and even more amazing that there are hundreds of thousands of them left.

Thanks for sharing,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Here is my collection of gold nuggets and specimens from the 2007 season. Some might have been found at the end of 2006, but 99% of them in 2007 with the GPX-4000.

Biggest nugget is just over an ounce, smallest under a grain in size. Probably my worst year for larger nuggets, but a good year for numbers.

There are 469 gold nuggets in the picture.

Hoping to see some other collections.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello Bob,

Very nice collection of gold nuggets! How many do you have in the picture?

It amazing how many gold nuggets that have been found, and even more amazing that there are hundreds of thousands of them left.

Thanks for sharing,

Rob Allison

NICE!

i popped quite a few pieces in 2007, totalling about 13 oz or so. ive got a few pix ill post if i get a chance. hoping 2008 will be a much better year. found a few new places and patches in 2007, and worked a few others out. got some good spots eyeballed for 2008. im like a few others guys though, i generally sell them as i get them and as gold prices are favorable, but i think this next year ill hold onto my biggest stuff and have some jewelry made out of it.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the comments. A better year for number of gold nuggets, but not the best for weight. The total weight is just over 18-ounces of gold (1 1/2 Troy Pounds). Can still remember those 3-4 Troy Pound years .... :unsure:

Since that picture I found more nuggets/specimens.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• 1 month later...