Have we lost Reg Sniff from the forums?

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I believe Reg called it quits here on my Nuggethunting forums. Reg has always been a wealth of information on the forums, so I'm sure he will be missed. Reg don't care much for the "Minelab Morons," but some just love the fact they own a Minelab and have been success with it.

I still remember a couple of years ago when I got his Father over a pretty decent Quartzsite gold nugget. This might have been his Father's last gold nugget he found. I sure miss the old hunting days over some of the old placer locations.

Well, maybe someday I will bump into Reg field testing or playing around one of the Arizona goldfields.

Until then, wishing you the best health, wellness and luck in the goldfields.

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob,

The forums are not what they used to be at all, if you don't hunt with a Coiltek and the latest Minelab you ain't cool!!! :(

Hi Reg, I'm sorry to hear that your not posting here anymore. I sure enjoyed hunting with you and your Dad at 18 ounce and also Greaterville. You know I at least tried other PI's. First an orignal Gold Scan and an then an Infinium, the gold scan had good depth but could not handle any mineralization and the threshold would drift away real bad. The Infinium's discrimination was "hyped" to no end, and it was no better than the Minelab discrimination. And It had no other coils offered for over a year except the stock 11" DD, so it was sorely lacking on small gold. Sorry, but It's going to be very tuff for any other manufacture to beat the Minelab PI's.

• Admin

Hello Goldstudmuffin,

Ya, you're probably right about the forums. I remember the old Yahoo Goldstalker forum where everyone used to post. Now there are dozens of Internet prospecting forums, some much more bias than others.

I've always respected what others use. However, if I'm allowing others to voice their own opinions, please let me also voice mine, and my experiences with what I use on my own forum. I think that is only fair. <_<

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yo, Rob, Russ & All...It sure seems true that the prospecting, nugget hunting forums have changed...For the past couple of years I've been thinking about ending the AzNuggetingProsectors Forum on Yahoo...But if you go back to like 2000 to 2004 on that forum, there's some very cool stuff from folks like Russ, Scotty, Rob, John B., Mike K., Queen Creek Gary, Doc, and a bunch of other real pro's in the nugget shooting venue...Those were the days of the "Nuggetshooting & Beanaramas" at Gold Basin, Greaterville and the Vulture and some other areas...Oh well, life goes on, long after the thrill of beeping is go-one.... :lol: ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

To Reg Sniff

I want you to know I always like reading your post being I knew that you knew what you were talking about.Alots of us can't just take a detector apart and do a mod on it and make it better than it was before.Now I don't claim to be the sharpest tack in the box but long before Whites ever put a plug for headphones I was opening a new detector box to do just that.I just drill that hole in that metal box and at the same time I knew there went my warranty out the window.

Reg I'll tell you what I'll do,you tell me what detector to buy that you can mod and make it as good as Minelab is off the shelf.You have to remember that not all of us can do what you can with electronics.

There are alot of people on here that I think of them as a friend's because I like reading their post but now I've lost one and that to me is sad.

Another time and place!

Chuck Anders

Hello All,

Well I believe Reg called it quits here on my Nuggethunting forums. Reg has always been a wealth of information on the forums, so I'm sure he will be missed. Reg don't care much for the "Minelab Morons," but some just love the fact they own a Minelab and have been success with it.

I still remember a couple of years ago when I got his Father over a pretty decent Quartzsite gold nugget. This might have been his Father's last gold nugget he found. I sure miss the old hunting days over some of the old placer locations.

Well, maybe someday I will bump into Reg field testing or playing around one of the Arizona goldfields.

Until then, wishing you the best health, wellness and luck in the goldfields.

Rob Allison

I am not surprised that a balanced person like Reg Sniff has called it a day here. Just look at the reception that anyone who dares critique Minelab get from the plethora of rabid Minelab Jihadist's.

regards

bugwhiskers

• Admin

Hello Bugwhisker,

Yes, there are guys that swear by Minelabs and will rant and rave about their sucess with them. I'm actually one of those people, but at the same time I've very open minded and optimistic about other products. I have a whole arsenal of metal detectors (VLF and PI) and a huge assortment of searchcoil sizes/configurations.

Reg was a great contributor, but I told myself I'm not loosing anymore sleep over forum drama. :rolleyes:

Wishing you all the best,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

And such drama it is!

I'm hoping that Reg is just needing a cool down period and will be back. He has a way of posting technical information in an understandable format.

bugwhiskers, there are some people that take brand names to heart. They spent a lot of money on their unit, and so do not react that well to being told things about their detector that they feel is the best they could get. But most of us just want better detectors regardless of the source.

Thanks for the great forum Rob. In about 60 days we will be digging that gold, and maybe have a newtoy or two to play with.

Steve Herschbach

I am not surprised that a balanced person like Reg Sniff has called it a day here. Just look at the reception that anyone who dares critique Minelab get from the plethora of rabid Minelab Jihadist's.

regards

bugwhiskers

I'd say the "Minelab Jihadists" are a step above the i'm waiting for something that doesn't exist so i'm going to shit on everything until it arrives, crap spewing crowd... ;)

Your grossly confusing fans of available, easy to operate detectors for fanatics , IF White's comes out with a GPX killer you'll see a ton of people drop their Minelabs and rush to grab the White's...

That time may be sooner than later, but i'm sure you'll still be pissy and have issues with that machine as well...

Just wait, when you get your machine up and running, you'll have to deal with folks just like yourself who shit on everything just for the sake of shitting on something...

But i'm sure you'll have issues with them as well...