Rob or anyone.....

• Admin

Hello Adam,

Both the Detacc Super Sound Signal Amp and the new Goldscreamer Amp are much more powerful than the old Coiltek amp. I believe you have the older Coiltek one that looks like a small square metal box with a volume control on one side, correct?

The other two amps above will have much cleaner and stronger response.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Rob I'll ask you a second time and maybe you'll answer me this time- :blink: -is the GS amp better than the SS amp ??? and where can I see some info with a pic of the GS amp-Thanks-Mike C... :ph34r:

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Mike C. - From what Doc stated it was the newer revised amp they named GoldScreamer. I haven't actually used one, so don't know personally. I've sold a bunch of them though. I had a picture on one of the posts, but will post another one so guys can see the new amp.

Adam - You're very welcome. If you're interested in one just let me know.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Rob I'll ask you a second time and maybe you'll answer me this time- :blink: -is the GS amp better than the SS amp ??? and where can I see some info with a pic of the GS amp-Thanks-Mike C... :ph34r:

Dear Mike,

The performance is the same, nice clean extremely loud, will drive a speaker. I believe the amp is better not because of performance because I can't tell the difference between the two, it is better because of dependability.

The DeTacc Super Sound has an off on switch. Totally worthless. In fact worse than worthless. The On/Off or bypass switch is a cute feature for about two weeks when you start using the Signal amp. You get a target, turn the amp off, test the target again and go WOW, this amp is great, I would have missed that target without this amp.

OK, so the novelty wears off, after you have convinced yourself that the Signal Amplifier is a worth while piece of equipment.

Now what you have is a SWITCH that you don't use. A SWITCH that ended up being the cause of every problem I ever had with a Super Sound amp by DeTacc. Without one exception, every warranty issue I had with DeTac's when I carried them was traced back to the switch that would short out when it got dirt in it.

So we had a new amp designed, just as good as the DeTacc in EVERY respect with the exception that beefed it up inside to protect the electronics, and we eliminated the pesky unreliable on / off switch.

SO, as always, the best way is to make your own decision. Get one, give it a run for 30 days. If it isn't the best amp you have used, send it back for a refund.

Doc

Guest Mike C...

Hi Doc how are you where you been ??? I thought I would try an amp on my 4000 and see what it could do and with a 30 day money back if not satisfied statement I will have to try one--I'll have to say this that you've always backed your products like no other in the market of metal detecting accessories and you are second to none---even though I'm a NF coil fan for now--I've been really thinking about given one of the new coiltek coils a try B) Thanks Doc-Mike C... :ph34r:

• Admin

Hey Mike,

Pretty hard deal to beat. Now you know why I stood by Coiltek and Doc from day one. Doc has always backed his products and never questions any warranty issued in the past. If there's a real problem with something, I know Doc don't hesitate to get it resolved ASAP.

Coiltek and Doc are # 1. :D

Rob Allison

Hi Rob, I agree with you on Doc's service. You remember that coiltek coil extension cable we talked about, When I ordered it from Doc's online I made a typo in the order, He called me up that day and we got it straitened out and I got the cable in the mail two days later. Great service Doc. BTW Doc the cable also works great, Take care AzNuggetBob

I think Rob and I had similar business training. My daddy told me always treat your customers BETTER than you would want to be treated, because treating them the same as you would like to be treated, won't insure success. Treat them better than you would expect to be treated and they will be back.

BCOT!

Doc

Hello Doc, have you had your speakers modified to suit the 4500 audio? The one supplied with the DeTacc's here in Australia will activate the inbuilt GPX-4500 booster which will then double boost the audio of the machine. I have been selling a lot of the B&Z boosters here because they have their own power supply and only have a mono plug which does not trigger the Minelab booster.

JP

Here's a pic of what I am talking about, if the speaker is wired (main centre wire to tip and shield wire to second position) as per the Minelab owners manual then that will activate the inbuilt booster.

SpeakerBoosterJacks.jpg

Guest Mike C...

Hi Rob I would like to try one of the gold screamer amps and I would like to try one of the goldstalker coils but it appears that you only have to sizes available right now and I already have both of those size ranges covered with the NF's--any word when there will be more sizes available ??? also do you still have my mailing and CC info for the amp B) if not let me know-Thanks-Mike C... :ph34r:

• Admin

Hello Mike,

I don't have your address and CC info on this new system. Please give me a call at (623) 362-1459. I can get it out tomorrow if you give me a call tonight.

P.S. Rumor is Trev @ Coiltek is working on some different shapes and configurations along with some other stuff.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison