Word on Minelab GPX-4500's

• Admin

Hello All,

I'm sure all dealers are in the same boat, but the GPX-4500's are still on backorder. I recently had to increase my backorder with Minelab due to this major delay of receiving them. Minelab USA, Inc. told me yesterday they have over 60 on backorder and expect that number to hit 100 before they receive them from Australia.

For everyone waiting, they still are on backorder. :( Minelab USA expects them to be shipped very soon from Australia, but that can mean still 2-3 weeks before a dealer will see them.

Right now its Australia's gold season, so as fast as Minelab can put them out the Aussie dealers are getting them.

Just an update,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello JP,

You would think Minelab would of had enough ready to go before the release date. Heck, maybe they did and just double their normal sales on a new detector. I've been getting calls from all around the Globe wondering when they will arrive in the US.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob

How are your sales compare to the 4500 now that it's out to the 4000 when it hit the market?It may be like you said the holding company didn't expect the run on the 4500 being the short time between detectors came out.

The bad part about this is you can't sell what you don't have.I'd say they will get their butt in gear and this won't happen again.

The Best!

Chuck

I'd say they will get their butt in gear and this won't happen again.

I wouldn't hold my breath...

This same exact thing happened with the Explorer SE's release...

It was a solid month between shipments...

I think they released the GPX4500 a touch early to beat the White's PI to market...

Which was all for not since White's has determined it isn't going to mass produce the new PI just yet...

Or....

Who knows at this point if White's will EVER release the new PI, spring is just about over for the second year and still no new machine...

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to update you all and let you know the Minelab GPX-4500's are now here in the US. Just a matter of time until the dealers get more of them in their hands.

I'm not loosing any sleep on the White's PI. I've already talked with White's and Mr. Sierra about it. The unit will fill a great nitch, but not intented to run against the big Minelab's if anyone has those thoughts.

Mike C. - Not sure if you purchased the GPX-4000, but if not, you should consider the GPX-4500. Minelab has made some great changes between the two.

Take care,

Rob Allison