Hi guy's. My name is Todd and I live in Llano Texas.

I have a question for Rob or anybody in the group. When your out ridding your quad's in the desert, do you carry your detectors in a hard case? Does Rob sell them or does somebody know of another sorce? I am looking for a case that will carry a Minelab detector and some accessories. I know I have seen them out their, but I cant seem to find out where to buy them. Thanks for the help.

Hey Rob, you got a great forum. Thanks :D

• Admin

Hey Todd,

Thanks! ;)

As for cases, I do have the Minelab hard cases, but I think you might have better luck with a Quad Box like I have below. I purchased this one at Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix and it can carry everything I need and more. I can break down two complete Minelab PI's, all the coils, batteries and gear and get them in this case.

The hard Minelab box is nice, but you must have a upper two piece shaft for it to work. This case came stock with the GP Extreme, which had a upper two piece metal shaft.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Rob: I replaced the stock upper shaft on my 3000 with a Super Shafts (which is 5 inches longer than the stock MineLab shaft). I bought a pair of KOLPIN's Gear Grips from the Polaris Dealer and mounted them on the front deck of my Polaris 500 --- on the under side of the lid there is like an egg crate moulded in so I added some pieces of wood to provide strength to the mounts of the Gear Grips. I simply remove the lower shaft with coil attached and store it on the back deck secured with bungees and tightly close the Gear Grips on the upper shaft. The detector is firmly held in place with the Gear Grip and doesn' bounce around like it could do if stored in a box. Sorry I don't have a picture to attach to show what the Gear Grips installation looks like.

Don

• Admin

Hey Don and All,

Many use the hunting mounts for rifles also, but I don't like having the detector exposed. If it starts raining, which it has, I have all my gear completely covered.

If you notice in my second picture, I have a small blanket and underneath I have a 2-inch thick foam mat. This really keeps the metal detector and accessories padded.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Hi Todd

I'm Chuck Anders here in San Antonio and we have a Sportsman's Warehouse here.If your coming in on 281Hwy take exit 1604 loop and go east but stay on the access road.You will go past a Academy Sports Store it will be on your right but go down and cross over 1604 headed west again on the access road the Sportsman's Warehouse is on your right before you get back to 281.I'm sure that Austin has one too and that may be better for you being gas at the price it is.

If you want to go cheap put some foam down and have a sheet of are plastic trash bag to cover with then strap it all down.

Best to you!

Chuck

Ps. Grubstake your no hardcase.If I was in need of a friend I'd want it to be you!

Thanks for all the help guy's

Grubstake, I dont think your a hard case. In fact since I found out you are running for President I think I will vote for you. I think a pistol packing, metal detecting president would be great for this country. Better than anything else I have seen so far.

Ridge Runner, send me an email when it starts getting a little cooler and I will try to set up a date to go out on some of the private ranches I have access too.

I can almost garuntee that know one has ever detected them before. Lots of Spanish silver mines in the area and a few gold prospects. I am only 1.5 hours away for S.A.

Thanks

Todd

todd@llanogold.com

Grubstake gets elected President and He will not vaction at Camp David. He will vacation at Fort Knox and you know he will be detecting for all the gold in Fort Knox.!!! :spank::spank::spank::blush: Jerry

Grubstake gets elected President and He will not vaction at Camp David. He will vacation at Fort Knox and you know he will be detecting for all the gold in Fort Knox.!!! :spank::spank::spank::blush: Jerry

President Grubstake is better off staying at Camp David with the women and booze, because Fort Knox is empty and it will only cause him heartbreak. Something old Grubstake doesn't need.

Todd, I use Moose cargo boxes front and rear of my Kawi Brute Force. In the front I keep my SD2000 and JW fisher Pulse 8x broken down in egg foam with no problems. Plus it is water tight. I live on Long Island and go up to the Adirondack Mtns. and PA mountains doing some pretty rough riding getting to our spots. I would recommend the egg foam strongly for bouncing and vibration issues.