Latest Update on Minelab GPX-4500 Problems in USA

• Admin

Hey All,

Just got off the phone with Dick Shultz at Minelab USA, Inc. Dick is head of the Repair Dept. along with other stuff. He stated if you have serial number 0001 - 1200 you will need to send in your GPX-4500 sometime in the future. This don't mean right now if you're not having trouble with it. He actually asked if you're not having trouble, to hold off as they are getting swamped with detectors right now. He said if you send it now, the minimum amount of repair turn-around time is 2-3 weeks. He said this could move up to a month if everyone sends them now.

They do have the parts now, so if your unit is there they can start working on them and get them back to you.

I think I'm going to wait about a month before I send mine in.

Just wanted to give you an up to date report.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Mine was one of the bad ones, I did not notice it having any problems. It seemed great / really quiet compared to my 2100. But they said it was out of specification and they have repaired it and it is going to be shipped back today.

The people there were very friendly and prompt, I am very pleased with Minelab.

Rob,

Dick at Minelab said they will send out UPS shipping labels for all that purchased GPX4500's to send them back to Minelab. I was able to get mine through email just now and will be sending mine out tomorrow. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

• 10 years later...