The laws for sling shots.

If I buy a sling shot from this company www.lducompany.com will it be ok to make it into the states? It would be coming from China. I have a friend in Australia who wants me to order one for him because he does not have paypal but I am worried that the slingshot will not make it through Australian customs. This LDU company says that they guarantee delivery to Australia for slingshots but I would like to learn some things so here I am asking. Here is the address to the guaranteed sling shot delivered to Australia for my friend http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/271201AUS.htm but there is no talk about slingshots shipping to the USA if they are guaranteed or not for delivery.

G'day alice123

I don't know about bringing a slingshot into the states, but I would forget about trying to bring one into Australia.

This company may guarantee delivery to Australia, BUT, the slingshot will not make it through Australian customs.

Trust me, I know about these things!

Grubstake

Don't let them give you a hard time.You can go with me to hunt Polar Bears in Alaska and all we need is a can of peas.Now this is what we are going to do.First we cut a hole in the ice them we open the can of peas.Them we put the peas around the hole in the ice.When the Bear comes to take a pea we run up and kick him in the ice hole.(ass hole)

Chuck Anders

I would have never thought sling shots would be out for OZ. what about killer boomerangs? Are there clandestine abors that make and market these things domestically? It should be a short walk for a custom slingshot as well.

as for the OP, slingshots are not on the 'do not ship' list to USA. try hawking a few on Ebay and see how the demand goes...

these were already once sold as wrist rockets, in the USA, along with all the accessories you picture. this was a superior slingshot as it had enough stability for true aim, and the rubber was latex surgical tubing. I think I had 10 or more at one time or another.

an improvement would be to make the tangs ridged for better tubing grip at the anchor points, as the smooth tangs let the tubing slip off, especially after wetting a new set and sliding them on, then going right out to use the sling.

Yes fella's, freedom in Australia seems to be disappearing at a great rate.

When I was young I had slingshots and bb guns, I had a 22 auto rifle when I was about 14, and things were pretty free and easy.

Not anymore!

Slingshots are out, you need a permit for a bb gun and we are not allowed to own any sort of auto rifle at all, not even a 22.

If you don't have a police record, you can buy just about anything other then an auto rifle, including most handguns BUT only if you are a active member of a gun club or you have access to hunt on a private farm. (In other words you must have a reason to own the gun) IF you have any sort of firearm you must have it licensed and you must keep it locked in a metal safe, the ammo for the weapon must be locked in it's own metal safe in another area.

I've carried a pocket knife in my pocket since I was 6 years old! Well not anymore, now it's not allowed.

Funny thing is, since all these laws came in there has been more gun crime then I can ever remember happening prior to the laws coming in.

Just cut the crotch out pf a got sturdy brach and find you a hunk of RED innertube, make a home made one. I have mad many that way. If you ca still find red rubber inner-tubes. Surgical rubber will work too. Add a hunk of kangaroo hide and you have a sling shot. When I was young we called them something else. bean flips Grubstake

Right on Grubstake , we did the same and we used green china berrys for ammo! Man them things hurt! I didn't know Australia had got that bad but I should have known because a friend of a friend viisted from there and his young son was with him . I took them on a tour of Stanton and area and the kid was only interested in my old Ruger single six so I let him shoot it, he was in seventh heaven! He said boy a real cowboy pistol ! how many men have you shot with it? He was a little downfallen when I told him well ,none yet but I bent the barrel on ones head! To many cowboy movies!

We called them the same thing you did!

Max

this is one of the reasons us yanks is against gun control.

A few years back in Oz. they asked for rifles and other arms just laying around, and all these people lined up to turn them in. then the man came for the pistols. and now it's the sling shots. whats next? glass beer bottles or tire lug wrenches? then the old metal detector. politicians are nevr out to help anybody, but line their pockets using inside information. and one way they can get the most grab is when people cannot shoot back, whether with lead, pellets, BBs, or china berries....