Nice Speciman Score!

I never get the chance to post on this forum and I noticed Rob made a post asking people they've found any gold lately so I figured I would share.

Lately I've had a four weekend streak and this weekend I came darn close to ending it before I found this 12.6 dwt (0.63 oz) speciman with my SD2100-

126dwt_nugget.jpg

Here's the hole I dug for it-

126dwt_nugget_dig_hole.jpg

It was 14"-16" deep... don't worry the hole was filled in.

Boy I was happy to get this one!! I came pretty close to going home without one... thats five weekends in a row I've scored gold!

Enjoy!

Del

Nice specimen Del! I have been following your posts and it looks like you have that SD2100 dialed in. If I recall correctly, don't you have a GPX4000 also? Have you run it in that area yet? You are on a roll. Keep us updated when you get out the GPX because I am curious what your results will be between the two detectors. I see that you are using the Black Widow headphones. Can't get anything better in that department in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your find. Nice photo also. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been hunting washes that were drywashed in the past and I've been hitting the banks, drywash holes, and tailing piles. This particular speciman was partially covered with a header pile and the last 6"-8" was a hard pack layer so it was sitting on bedrock. When I was digging it up I was pretty confident it was a nugget so I took my time and dug carefully around it (notice how wide the hole is). It started out as a nice faint repeatable signal then got louder as I got closer to it. Funny thing is, whoever is drywashing this hole (you can tell it was recent) went right over it and buried it. If the person returns to continue their work, I think it will be very obvious that a nugget was found when they come back and find my filled in hole since you don't get much trash this deep (at least thats what I'm learning).

Matt thanks for following my posts over on Bills forum. I got my 4000 back about a week ago and I have yet to give it a swing in this area. It's kind of hard to put that SD2100 down when your getting results like this! I'll go back over it when the SD2100 stops producing.

I've got a three day weekend coming up and I'll keep you guys updated if I find anything.

Del

• Admin

Hello Del,

I've been following your posts over on Bill's forum and noticed you've been doing very well. Great to hear your still finding them.

Thanks for posting your story and sharing. Hope to see you around here more often.

Wishing you much more success.

Rob Allison

Hello Del,

I've been following your posts over on Bill's forum and noticed you've been doing very well. Great to hear your still finding them.

Thanks for posting your story and sharing. Hope to see you around here more often.

Wishing you much more success.

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob! I was out in your neck of the woods one time for about a week and I didn't know my hand from my butt. Maybe the next time I'm out there I'll get lucky. Have a good weekend, I'm hoping to keep this streak going.

Del