Is the price going up on Minelab

I got my copy of Lost Treasure for November 2008 and on the first two pages on the inside you will see a big ad by Minelab :spank: .They show a picture of the GPX4500 and on the other side they have a price of 5995.00.The funny thing about it under that they say "Actual Sale Price Set By Authorized Minelab Dealer".Now everybody knows that Minelab :spank: says what price a dealer can sell at of they want to stay a dealer.

Guys I'd say that Minelab :spank: is going up in price so if you want to save a thousand you better see Rob now.O'h they do say that the detector is covered now for three years parts & labor warranty but but I think I was getting 4 years before.

I know that Minelab :spank: makes a great detector and I won't knock the detector but Minelab :spank: don't need their butt spank a kicking would be more inline.

Lost Treasure is giving away a GPX4000 for November.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I actually seen that and I don't know if that is a "misprint" or what. All I know is until Minelab states we have to raise the prices, I'm selling brand new Minelab GPX-45000's with the best FREE bundle package at $4,998.97 shipped to you! ;)

I sure hope Minelab doesn't increase prices again .... :spank:

Anyone that wants information on the new Minelab GPX-4500 or any other metal detector accessories is welcome to contact me through these forums, Private Message me, email me at - [email protected] or call and talk with me directly at 623-362-1459.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well they priced me right out of the market when they raised the price of the 4000's months after they came out with them with their initial price. I used to be able to get out enough in a year to afford a new machine every couple of years but 6000.00 dollars for a metal detector, on a good year I don't get out enough to find half that much gold. I think now there just trying to mine the miners and they will soon find this out when initial sales start to decline.

Hawk

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I have to agree with you. Minelab, in my opinion, builds the best gold hunting metal detectors on this Planet. However, there has to be a point in time where the prices get too high the average "recreational" miner/prospector won't be able to afford them. I've had a lot of customer stating they would purchase the GPX-45000 for maybe $4,500 max, but the $5,000 per unit has left a lot of potential Minelab owners purchase other PI detectors for lesser prices.

Heck, the dealer prices are getting so high I might not be able to afford the next big Minelab, unless there are some pointy fingers out there! :blush:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Morning ALL: Like Hawkeye said the latest MineLab PI's are too expensive for all except the very serious nugget shooters. At $5K the latest MineLab Pi cost about 2/3's the price of a new Polaris ATV. I don't get out that much anymore but my enhanced (button in the grip handle) GP 3000 still works just fine and I've also have a good supply of coils. Makes no difference to me what the price of gold is or the USA exchcnge rate is cause MineLab will not likely get any more business from myself or a lot of other small time detectorist. Rob I hate to see ML almost put you out of business.

Could be ML has priced itself out of the USA Market and opened the door wider for USA Detector Mfgr's to offer a solid PI for mush less money. Time will tell! :unsure:

Don

• Admin

Hey Bandana Don and others,

With the amount of phone calls over the last 5 years or so, Minelab could have doubled the amount of metal detectors I sold by lower their price $1,000 - $1,500 on the most current model. There is no doubt in my mind if Minelab lowered the prices on the SD2100v2 to $1,500 and the GPX-4500 to $3,000 they would probably double their sales.

I don't make up the prices, but I do feel they make the absolute best metal detectors for overall detecting conditions (depth, sensitivity, mineral immunity).

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison