Pinpointers

Guest sandtrap

Guest sandtrap

Both Detect Pro and Garrett have new pinpointers out. Does anyone, using the monster size coils ,use one to locate that "spot" where the gold is? It seems like use of one would simplify the pinpointing. I know there are many types, but how about hearing it, from those of you familiar with their use.. Sure hate "wasting" money on one, but if worthwhile, would sure make it easier on the old knees....

Hi Sandtrap,

I field tested the Garrett ProPointer and found it to be a good product. Good quality, easy to use, and enough sensitivity to detect tiny nuggets. In addition to an audio signal, the handle also vibrates when a target is detected which could be helpful for persons with bad hearing. It also comes with a holster so it can be worn on the hip. I don't use pinpointers very often simply because most of the gold in AZ is shallow, but for very deep nuggets or coin & relics, they are definitely handy. Jim Klein also wrote a review on this product in the Nov/Dec issue of the Gold Prospector's Magazine. I have not had a chance to test Detector Pro's new pistol pinpointer yet, but I hear it punches deeper than the Garrett...Good luck out there!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I sell the DetectorPro Pinpointer and it's a great one. DetectorPro has always designed and built great products from detectors to headphones to pinpointers. I've also heard the same thing, that the DetectorPro pinpointer goes deeper than any other one on the market.

The Coiltek 1-inch Pinpoint probe is also a great product. With this unit you have to attach it to you Minelab, so it does require more time, but I believe it goes the deepest since you're actually using your Minelab PI with a 1-inch coil. This unit is $100 and is small enough to carry in your backpack.

There are times when a pinpointer saves a lot of valuable time and also to make sure you don't damage a very nice gold nugget.

Take care,

Rob Allison