GPX 4000 Battery

Good Morning Everyone!

It has come to the time where I realize if I need to buy an accessory, actually more of a necessity item for my detector..... A spare battery.

I am looking at 3 different options:

#1. Buy a second GBX 4000 battery.

#2. Buy a light weight aftermarket battery and regulator kit.

#3. Buy a GPX 4500 battery with built in amp.

Since the GPX 4500 battery has a built in amplifier that can push some speakers, would it also act as a signal enhancer?

Thanks

Tony Teixeira

Hi Tony

If it was me I'd go get a Coiltek pocket rocket from Rob and keep my extra money in my pocket for gas.Now if you got more money than you know what to do with then go for the gold with a new GPX.

There was one on sale here are another forum but no warranty when you go that way. :spank:

Now the last thing you can do is send me your 4000 and I'll buy you a extra battery for the 4500 you get. :rolleyes:

Tony sit back and think before you leap!

Chuck Anders

I'd suggest getting one of the Coiltek Pocket Rocket systems too. If you do this also get one of the short power leads so you can attach the battery setup to the side of your arm cuff. They're pretty nice since you no longer have to stay attached to a backpack.

• Admin

Hey Tony,

Since the GPX batteries are $349.97 I would recommend the Coiltek Pocket Rocket system also. Several nice things about this unit is the weight (14 ounces), size and the fact you can mount it to the side of the control box.

I wouldn't recommend using the GPX-4500 Li-Ion Battery on the GPX-4000 since you can't control the signal enhancer on the GPX-4000. You have no "Target Volume" control on the GPX-4000, which controls the signal enhancers volume.

Give me a call if you're interested in any of these systems, I have them all in stock at all times.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks Guys,

Well I knew the 4000 and 4500 had the same pinout, output vdc etc...etc... the specs are in the manual on minelabs site but it is a good thing I asked..... gota love these forums.

I ASS-U-ME D since it had an external amp it would still push external speakers and the output signal would just be a pre-fixed increase on the GPX4000 since there is no pot to adjust it with.

Well at least I still have 2 options! I do like the idea of not having a tether to the detector with the pocket rocket.

Thanks

Tony Teixeira