new DVD for learning GPX4500?

Hi Rob and all, I was wondering if the new DVD that you have for sell is good for a beginner to see how to use the GPX4500 before getting one, or is it better to have the detector first and then watch the DVD?

Also It sounds like I would have to learn to use a detector from trial and error and that there is a learning curve that once you start getting the hang of it you can go on from there? I was wondering if it would be a big help to have a piece of gold and bury it in some sand or dirt and then use the dectector to go over the area and learn how to use it in my back yard first before going out to the hills and creek beds? Would that work out to go over a nail and a gold nugget and nut or small screw or bird shot just to kind of get used to what it sounds like and how to locate the gold? Bill C

Bill C;

I am sure Rob will answer but since you included the rest of us...

the best start would be buying from a local dealer that gives hands on instruction with the purchase, the next best start or in conjunction with the local dealer is a collection of videos...my List would be J Porters 4500 video and Chris Gholsons Prospecting Video he made with J Porter and probably the new Video that should be available soon...just to see and hear how the machine is set up is worth the price of admission...Minelab PI machines make a lot of weird sounds, especially if you first learned on vlf machines...seeing the types of ground with good potential will save you much time...

Of course many of us have learned through trial, error and the hardway-johnson method...you can too, good luck.

Fred

• Admin

Hey Bill C.,

People have done both, purchased the machine and package, while others have purchased just the DVD to see how the detector works. The Minelab GPX-4500 is not really that hard, but does have a lot of functions once you learn the basics.

Probably the most important is field instructions. I would highly recommend you purchase from someone (like myself) that does extensive field instructions with customers.

The new AZO DVD on the GPX-4500 should be very good, not only cause I'm in it!~ :wacko: I should have this DVD available very soon.

I also recommend to many customers to purchase the unit, read the manual and watch the DVD and then take the unit out for at least a few days. This allows them to get familar with the new unit so it's not all foreign during the field instructions.

When customers purchase the unit the same day as field instructions, we burn many hours setting up the unit and getting ready. This extra couple hours can be used for more tips/tricks and hunting techniques.

Just some of my suggestions that seem to really work with the customers.

Give us a call Bill.

Rob Allison

I like to think our DVDs do a reasonable job of instruction especially when you take into consideration I help to develop the things. :blush:

GPX-4500 DVD website

The best way is to buy from a reputable dealer like Rob who gets out detecting themselves especially if they do training, the good thing about the DVDs is you can watch them over and over again at your leisure.

Rob should have copies of our videos in stock.

JP

Hey Bill C,

When I purchased mt GPX4500 from Rob I also got JP's video and I will tell you it helped me tremendously.

Rob filled in the gaps on any other questions I had. Rob is a top notch dealer and always made time to help me out.

DigDeep.

• Admin

Hey JP and DigDeep,

Thanks for the comments.

JP - Always have your DVD's in stock. They have helped hundreds if not thousands of people in the goldfields.

DigDeep - Thanks for all your business and friendship. You know me, I love to chat about gold more than anything .... well almost anything! :wacko:

Take care,

Rob Allison