Minelab SD 2100V2

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to the hobby of nugget hunting. I'm wanting to go to Arizona this March or early April to try my luck. I may have made a big mistake already by buying a Minelab SD 2100V2. It's in the mail as I speak, but I have already been told that I should have spent the extra money on the Minelab SD 2200V2. Something about the auto discriminate being well worth the extra money. Have I made a BIG mistake? Can I keep the 2100 and still be successful?

Your fine. I never even use my automatic ground balance I just run it in fixed anyways. I have never been to Arizona so I'm not to sure of the ground there but most likley you will be wanting to run a mono coil which you can't disc. anyways. I hope this helps to ease your mind a little bit. The 2100 is a good machine.

You dind't make a mistake. You have no idea how much gold has been found with that SD2100. As a matter of fact you should see the POUNDS of gold that the Stud Muffin Twins pulled out of Arizona with their 2100's.

The 2100 is just one heck of a dependable deep seeking, no nonsense gold hunter. HANG ON TO IT. They aren't making them anymore and one of these days they will be in big demand for their simplicity.

BCOT!

Doc

I agree DOC, one of my best ever years was with an SD2100 (over 240 Ounces (nearly 7.5 Kilos or 15 pounds)), my biggest ever find was also with the SD2100 which was a reef of gold that held over 150 ounces. They are a simple no bells or whistles PI detector that gets the job done, they have an excellent audio and a nice bright signal response especially on the little bits. Actually I wonder how one would go with one of the new 6" round Goldstalkers? Maybe Uncle Ron might know?

JP

:rolleyes:

Hello Bob Boss,,,

This is Bob777. I have a SD22002v. I had the same feelings about did I buy the right machine. For what I can afford , yes I did. I live in Minnesota. Soon I will move to a gold field state. There are so many areas where other machines have not yet gone too, its unreal. Did you make a right choice, Did I make a right choice on which machine to buy? Yes... Just don't detect behind a larger machine. And if you do no one finds it all anyways. Learn your machine, any its noise any you will find anything. A few different coils and you will be good at any depth. I get targets so deep with my set up SD2200 I quit digging at 2-3feet. Maybe this year I will go back with more digging power and see what they are. You probably have people going to the same gold fields all the time. I am not interested in those. So to me my SD2200 is just right for me. Lots of ground to cover. Just learn to cover it right. There is more to find than Gold all the time. And Gold is where you find it. Hey, learn your ground balance, coils, settings, what noise is,and setting your machine up right. All the answers are on this forum. This is a very exciting sport. No telling what you will find next. Yes you made a excellant choice. You bought a minelab. You can buy alot of add ons to your machine...Happy Hunting...Bob777...You can detect in any state, big country, to be walking around with a detector...What I cover in 2-3 hour, is not much space...

• Admin

Hey Bob,

You didn't make a mistake buying the SD2100. Like some of the other guys stated, we have found pounds of gold with the SD's. The SD2100 was one of my favorite Minelab PI's. There is a lot of things you can do to it to increase the performance (sensitivity and depth) even more than stock. You can also seperate the channels, which has always been one of the reasons this unit is really liked.

I would recommend in the future to get a good Mono Searchcoil like the new Goldstalkers and the Coiltek Pocket Rocket Li-Ion System.

P.S. Where did you end up purchasing the SD from?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison