More oakwoodcutter negativity

You guys might get a kick outta this. This is a private email oakwoodcutter sent to me in response to my last posting....

i told ya where you could geta great deal on a detector...this electronic prospectors aint gonna show ya crap.theres only one person who may help you like this..and hes in redding..wheelbuble...my advice to you is to get a top shelf metal detecetor and hunt for coins and goodies..especially driving truck...use it anywhere..it may apear that alot of these guys are finding gold....NOT..all a sales pitch for rob and his stuff...and a bunch of tight liped friends...that wont let you in the circle...from one trucker to another i wouldnt steer ya wrong...

• Admin

Hey Blues Dad,

I find that so funny. If people only knew how many customers I have gotten over the years from other dealers giving bad service, it would blow your mind. I probably get at least a couple calls per week personally about this issue. I have no clue what others dealers do, promise or tell their customers, but they are not doing it right!

I'm not here to talk about other dealers, but to tell you I give top notch service, way beyond normal sales service. I use and promote what I believe is best and don't have to do this for a living (which is a threat to others). I have a great job, run the business on the side and others can't stand I can do this!

I have some of the best Minelab bundle packages any customers can imagine, one reason I sell so many of them. Secondly, my metal detecting experience (15+ years), background in Geology (many years of field and school work) and the thousands of gold nuggets I found only equals excellent field instructions. There is no way you can subsitute this type of experience. I have used every Minelab since the XT16000 up to the current GPX-4500.

I spend more time helping others get up and running then I do myself. I built these Internet forums specifically so guys/gals can gather together and chat/learn about Gold Prospecting in general. I never had these type of resources when I started.

I spend hours per night on the phone, email and forums helping others learn about electronic prospecting and giving them the best advice possible from what I know.

Bottom line, when you're good at something, there will always be people trying to tear you down! I didn't get to where I'm at overnight, I spent thousand of dollars, hundreds of sleepless nights and tons of work.

I don't even know this OakWoodTrucker/Drifter person, never done business with him, but he continues to attack me after I have been nice. I hope he is aware of Intenet Defamation, Libel and Slander Laws, which many of his emails and PM's fit right into.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yeah I hear you on that Rob. Success generally breeds jealousy. I don't think I have ever seen him post anything positive ever on the boards here. This is a great service you have hear for detectorists. Best boards I've seen on the subject. I've learned quite a bit, and never even been out detecting. But with the advice everyone offers on here, I feel like I could go out right now, and find 10 ounces as a total greenie!! lol. Yeah maybe not 10 ounces, hmmm... but I guess you have people like oakwood on any kind of forum, always gotta play the negative role. And that he does quite well. But as long as it helps your business, he may as well keep it up

Dear Rob and friends,

You and I are both blessed in that we have been allowed to have a great side business in metal detecting that is not our main source of income.

What I am about to say is no reflection on full time metal detecting equipment dealers because the majority are ethical and bend over backwards to give their customers excellent service.

However, for me, and I am sure I speak for Rob as well, not having to depend upon the sale of a metal detector or a coil to help you meet your monthly expenses really takes all of the pressure off of us, and our customers. When all of your bills are met by your primary job and income, then you can really concentrate on having fun promoting your metal detecting business and giving your customers excellent customer service. A customer called me the other day, he wanted to buy a starter metal detector. Given what he told me, I really felt in my heart, the best machine for him would be a Fisher Gold Bug; he's dealing with an area with fly speck gold.

I don't carry Fisher, so I referred him to another multi-line Minelab dealer who does. It's nice to have the financial freedom to be able to send business to another dealer, and do what I think is in the best intertest of the customer. Plus the fact, I never look at it as losing business, it is investing in your business reputation. When that customer is ready to step up to a PI machine, I will probably hear from him again. Or maybe he will need a pick, or a Swingy Thingy. My dad always told me if you make a customer's happiness your number one priority, instead of your profit, the money end of your business will take care of itself.

When I started my metal detecting business 12 years ago, I never set out to make a fortune. I just wanted to have a little hobby business as an enjoyable diversion from my main business. I thought, if I make just enough to pay for my gas, and my metal detector, and my addiction to this hobby, I'll be happy.

Gee I had no idea that you guys were so passionate about this hobby. When I first started carry the Coiltek line of coils I would import 4 each of 5 different coils; 20 coils total. Today, a shipment of coils exceeds 400 coils at a time. And it's not just you guys that are prospectors, these coin and relic guys are just as gung-ho. I have to order 100 WOT coils for the Explorer, every time I order coils because I can't keep them in stock. I order 1000 Lithium Ion Batteries at a time for the pocket rockets. That give me enough for 500 pocket rocket packages because there are two in each.

And get this, I have sold over 13,000 Swingy Thingys since i invented them. 13,000 !!! I'm not bragging, I'm just staggered by the popularity of this hobby. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how big this is, how fun this is, what great people are involved in metal detecting.

It's funny, because as a psychologist I have noticed some things almost everyone involved in this hobby have in common. If this were 1840, we would be the ones heading west to explore this great country and to settle other territories. There is very much of a pioneering spirit that runs through those involved in this hobby. We are self-sufficent, we are dreamers, we are adventurous. love the outdoors, and I think most of us would be perfectly comfortable if it were back in the 1800's and all we had was our sidearm, rifle, horse, packmule pick and pan.

I was out detecting with Rob andf the stud-muffin twins one time. When it came time for dinner, I can't remember which twin it was that just took a can of beans, open the lid, and sat the can of beans right in the coals of the fire. A few minutes later, he pulled it out of the fire held it wih a rag and ate right from the can. I thought to myself, that's the way the oldtimers did it, nothing fancy, no pots, no pans. Just something warm in their belly so they could make it through another day. The fact that this kind of lifestyle appeals to us, means it runs deep in our DNA.

I have never had so much fun running a business in my life. By and large the guys and gals involved in this hobby are just wonderful regular patriotic folks that still believe in Mom, God, Apple Pie, and that we live in the greatest country in the world. So many of you have become dear friends over the years.

We are just like one big family. It is like that six degrees of Kevin Bacon. If you are involved in this hobby, you probably know someone, who knows someone who is the brother of someone, that someone else knows.

Anyway, it is you guys that have put Rob's Detector Sales, and Doc's Detecting Supply, and Coiltek on the map. And we are very grateful for your support.

I guess what I am trying to say, besides trying to relay a BIG THANK YOU! Is that because of Rob and my unique circumstances, regardless of what the economy will bring in 2009, our businesses and are commitment to customer service will not change, because our financial existence is not tied to the amount of business we do in our Metal Detecting business endeavors. We'll still be here, providing quality equipment at reasonable prices, and even better customer service. Rob and I are committed to the GOLDEN RULE of Business, (which is something my daddy came up with)

"Treat your customers BETTER than you would want to be treated!"

Wishing everyone a prosperous 2009 filled with lots of gold nuggets and good health and prosperity.

BCOT!

Doc

Blues Dad,

Yep, you want good service...Doc & Rob give the best in the business, of course that's just my opinion and NuggetSlayer's and I'm sure scores more! Using a metal detector for prospecting is like any other method prospecting, it's all work and yes there is a learning curve, just like anything else. As much as I like to find gold on each trip...I've been skunked two days in a row this weekend. I may have to go and feed them Ostriches! You take care and stay warm up your way.

LuckyLundy

Just my 2 cents..... it is pretty easy to tell who are "the good guys" and who are not. Fortunately you good guy outnumber the others by a giant margin and I thank all of you for the dedication you provide to our choice of having fun!

I always like the quick opportunity to thank Rob for the forums and everyone else who have helped me with this prospecting stuff...

I have not had the best of luck with my detector yet, I still feel like I must be missing something (it could be I just have not had my coil over a detectable nugget) but I still have over a half ounce in a 1oz vial from panning, sluicing, dredging, etc. I'm not giving up.

Thanks to all who make this hobby what it is.

Nathan.

I don't post often but this one gets my goat! I happened to show up for one of Rob's field lectures wearing a T shirt promoting one of his competitors products. Rob met me with a smile answered all of my questions and had a laugh about my choice of apparel. Rob gained a customer and my respect that day.

Jerry the Junker

Well I have invited ROB< DOC< LEAVERITE, Flak and some others to hunt with me, including Reno Chris, you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch, easy going, and all have found gold hunting with me, except DOC, he got lost. But what fun hunts, thats what its all about. I have enough stress in my life, with out crap, that someone posts about me, and most of it was about me. People that know me, no! I have never done drugs, or booze of any kind, I have always tried to set an example for my kids. This is suppose to be a fun hobby, not some thing you have to get mad about everytime you go. If you get gold good, its being in the outdoors with friends that counts. everything else is extra. No promise's in life. Grubstake

I have call other dealers and when you start asking questions they don’t want to take the time to answer them or they just don’t know. I have call Rob twice now to learn the difference between VLF and PI detectors. And what would work for me. We also talked about custom packages for the detectors. I am sure I started to drive Rob nuts but I am going to buy my sd2200v2 detector and 2 coils form Rob next month, and two more detectors (for the wife) this summer. The reason is that Rob took the time out of his day to help me both times. And to me this is what costumer service is all about. Let me add that I am driving from Anaheim ca to pick it up and take his training calss, what's that tell you about his service. Thank you Rob

Ron and Jenn

colonywoodscreening.com

Well I have invited ROB< DOC< LEAVERITE, Flak and some others to hunt with me, including Reno Chris, you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch, easy going, and all have found gold hunting with me, except DOC, he got lost. But what fun hunts, thats what its all about. I have enough stress in my life, with out crap, that someone posts about me, and most of it was about me. People that know me, no! I have never done drugs, or booze of any kind, I have always tried to set an example for my kids. This is suppose to be a fun hobby, not some thing you have to get mad about everytime you go. If you get gold good, its being in the outdoors with friends that counts. everything else is extra. No promise's in life. Grubstake

You just had to tell them about me getting lost didn't you? :wacko: I have never hunted in Manzanita, (don't know if I spelled that right or not.) I spent half my time crawling under it, the other half getting loose from it. And let me tell you, using a hip stick when you are crawling on your hands and knees under the thicket, not the best idea, I poked myself in the eye with it. I've crawled like 25 yards and realized my hat was gone, it was hung in the bushes way back so I had to turn around.

The worst part is when you get a target, and you are on your hands and knees stuck under bushes. You can't swing a pick. Ya' just sort of root in the ground like a pig lookin' for a truffle.

I still had a lot of fun. Got one heck of a workout too.

Thanks Grubbie!

Doc

• Admin

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to Thank everyone for their comments about my business. My Grandfather planted the gold prospecting roots in my blood when I was very young. I figured how could you go wrong if you start a business doing something you have a great passion for. I never plan to get rich (which I'm not), but I have gotten rich with friendship and experiences shared over the last 15 years.

I love this hobby and more so enjoy to talk about it. Anyone out there wanting to learn more about gold prospecting/electronic prospecting, my door is always open. Shoot me over an email, PM or even give a call directly. Heck, I even like to talk about it so much, I will call you on my dime.

If you end up purchasing a metal detector from me, I can guarantee I will do everything in my power to make sure you understand what to look for, what to listen for, how to ID potential areas and most important all the tips/tricks I have learned over the last 15 years from "Hard Knocks" learning.

Wishing you all a very prosperous 2009 season.

Rob Allison

The object of this hobby to me is, fun,friends, and finds. If you find some gold good, for sure you'll find friends. Now keeping them all is another thing. But I have some good ones for sure. Doc, I didn't tell them you got lost, with 2 gps units, and lost one! Good thing I had you take your other one, we might still be looking in bear scat for your hat. :rolleyes: Grubstake