Chip Privitt, Minelab Dealer passed away?

• Admin

Hello All,

Just seen over on the High Desert Forums that Chip Pivit had a Heart Attack and passed away.

I know some people kept their distance from that forum due to certain members, but I never personally met Chip. He always was pleasant with me through emails and PM's.

I would never wish anything like this on anyone. You can be here today and gone tomorrow.

I guess what I'm getting at is we all need to get along. Live is too short for forum BS and fights.

Chip just wrote me a PM from his forum last night and now I find out he is gone. :(

You're now in a better place my friend.

Sad regards,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Just seen over on the High Desert Forums that Chip Pivit had a Heart Attack and passed away.

I know some people kept their distance from that forum due to certain members, but I never personally met Chip. He always was pleasant with me through emails and PM's.

I would never wish anything like this on anyone. You can be here today and gone tomorrow.

I guess what I'm getting at is we all need to get along. Live is too short for forum BS and fights.

Chip just wrote me a PM from his forum last night and now I find out he is gone. :(

You're now in a better place my friend.

Sad regards,

Rob Allison

rob his last name is spelled Privitt ...thankyou hoss

Gosh wheelbubble and nuggethunting... I only know of Chip through the GPAA goldshows.

I looked for him at last weeks show in San Bernardino... He was "Roust-A-Bout" Detector

Sales in Northern Nevada. Chip and I would briefly exchange "howdys" and a few short

minutes exchange of small talk. He was very pleasant and I will miss his friendly smile.

I know nothing of his family; my heart goes out to them in their loss.... Jim Straight

I was saddened to hear about Chip tonight. Over the last 11 years we hunted together on several occasions. He sold me several machines and introduced me to the minelab detectors. He was a good person and had everyones best interest at heart. He will be missed. Hopefully he is out detecting where he is at now.

Take care, Wes

This is a real loss for both those who knew him and those who hadn't meet him yet. I meet him 2 years ago while he was detecting a beach @ Lake Tahoe. I had the pleasure to run into him 3 or 4 times since then, resulting in a hour conversation each time. never got to detect with him but he was a wealth of knowledge. He also has made charitable contributions to the local propecting club I belong to. Take care buddy.

Dustin

I am just sitting her with my mouth hanging open. I guess it just goes to show you that you just never know when it's your time. Chip was a dealer for Coiltek as well. He was another one of those guarded indivduals. Very cautious about who he took a liking to.

But I got along with him well. I met Chip through Hoss Blackman too. Chip was an amazing prospector. He was a part of a dying breed. He was also a Chimney Sweep. There's always been something mystical and magical about Chimney Sweeps, guess that one, was perpetrated by the Mary Poppins movie. The words of the song go....

Chim chiminey

Chim chiminey

Chim chim cher-oo!

Good luck will rub off when

I shake 'ands with you

Or blow me a kiss

And that's lucky too

Now as the ladder of life

'As been strung

You may think a sweep's

On the bottommost rung

Though I spends me time

In the ashes and soot

In this 'ole wide world

There's no 'appier bloke

He was a great story teller as well. He was quite entertaining to listen to him talk about the gold trips he took with Hoss to Australia. There were quite a few shenanigans that took place Down Under.

Chip will be missed, he is another one of those legendary pioneers in this electronic prospecting hobby of ours. My sympathies and prayers are extended to his family.

So Chip, from up their in those eternal Gold fields of heaven, blow a kiss to us prospector's still left down here on earth; we can use the luck. I'm sure within the next 20 to 80 years we will all join you.

BCOT!

Doc