Help with whites M.t

Howdy from another newby.

Guys. I know how it is that newcomers are accepted anywhere. Trust me I'm here more to learn than to impress you. However, after you help me get started, I just might be able to pass on a little of my exerience in certaim things

to you.

If my income were more ,I assure you that I would have purchased the 4500 that a lot of you use,but with my little knowledge, I'm sure I would be overwhelmed.

After a great deal of research I decided that Whites M.X.T. was what I needed. I purchased one on the auction site, and I dont think I'll be dissapointed at this stage.

With it came the stock 9.5, a 14400 ddcoil, a 1400 shooter thing , and a 3.5 dd whatever coil.

I am told by local residents that this is small gold country. My local Whites dealer said that I would probabaly do better with this small au, and all the minererization with the mxt in relic mode.

At this point I'm sure I'm boring a lot of you. However I purchased Jeff Foster"s book about this machine, he more

or lesss agrees.

Darn guys please give me your feedback. I'll pay yoou back

:Larry

Flake

The best thing you can do is get out there and start swinging that detector.If you got a small gold nugget to be a test nugget for you would be good.Silver City would put you in the middle of gold country.The only other thing is join some clubs so you not looking over your shoulder because you know you belong there.The main thing is give yourself time you may not find gold the first time out are two weeks later after hunting everyday.How well we all know being some have gone a year are more.

The best to you Larry!

Chuck Anders

Flake,

Using the smallest MXT coil will detect the smaller nuggets better (if that is what type of gold in your area).........Just my opinion... ;)

There are may experts here Uncle Ron comes to mind , he was a white's dealer in the past...& are better at MD'ing than I am.

Go out and learn your Metal Detector you have at MD'ing clubs or parks........Learn what the machine is telling you about targets (mainly what you hear) get a good set of headphones, go out and swing & dig all targets to learn what the machine is telling you...

And when or if you want to upgrade buy the best machine you can afford....

VLF.....GMT.....SuperLOBO.....Gold Bug II.......OR

PI....... White's TDI.........Minelab 4500

EVERYBODY has there favorites (some not listed here)

& there is many good used MD's that save you a lot of money on the forums classified's - - Craigs list, ect

wonderer :D

I've owned a White's GM4b .... White's XLT Spectrum...... ML-Xterra70.... ML3500..... & currently own a White's MXT .....& Tesoro SuperLOBO

• Admin

Hey Flake,

I used the White's MXT for a few days in the Bradshaw Mountain Range and found some very small gold nuggets. I also used it for over a week at Ganes Creek and scored a few hours of bigger gold in the "Relic Mode." For max. sensitivity I would stick to the "Gold Prospecting" mode if you're looking for small gold nuggets.

Welcome to the forums and great talking with you a few nights ago.

Rob Allison

Hey Flake,

I used the White's MXT for a few days in the Bradshaw Mountain Range and found some very small gold nuggets. I also used it for over a week at Ganes Creek and scored a few hours of bigger gold in the "Relic Mode." For max. sensitivity I would stick to the "Gold Prospecting" mode if you're looking for small gold nuggets.

Welcome to the forums and great talking with you a few nights ago.

Rob Allison