Trevor, Coiltek's owner coming to U.S.

Trevor is coming in April for 11 days. He wants to attend the Primm Gold Show and get a taste of the American prospecting experience. We fully intend to make a couple of trips, probably down to Arizona. Rob has offered to take us out prospecting, but that is very tentative because who knows how busy he will be with a new baby. I am guessing he will be very busy.

Perhaps I can talk the Stud Muffin twins into a little chaperone duty. They were gracious hosts the last time I drove down their way.

It's funny, now that I think back on it, because coming home from that trip I took a different route. As I am driving this really desolate 2 lane road, I came across something spray painted in the road. As I sped by, in the opposite lane it appeard to say WOC. About 2 miles later I came upon the same spray painting in my lane and slowed down and could clearly now see that it said COW. I was perplexed and thought to myself, that is a stupid name for a street gang, "COW." I thought maybe it was an abbreviation for something, like Chinese Outlaw Warlords, or something like that. No more than did I finish this thought and there was another spray painted COW right in the middle of the road, I slowed down to observe this mystical message, left by space traveling aliens perhaps, during their galactical travels.

Ever notice when you are driving on a long trip alone how your mind just sort of becomes dislodged from all the everyday stress and lucidity and sort of wanders aimlessly and cheerfully in the land of hallucination and insanity? (Sort of sounds like that could be the lyrics to a song.)

Who the hell goes out in the middle of the desert to write grafitti. I realized there were no billboards to deface so I guess this was the only hard surface to write on. There was a rise in the road so after slowing to observe this cryptic message I slowly accelerated, my truck, which was overloaded with more coils, and metal detectors than anyone needs. Trust me it wasn't the gold that was bogging me down. As I crested the rise, the answer to these curious scrawls in the road came to me as quickly as a bolt of lightening splits the clouds during a Spring time thunder storm, for there, lying in the middle of the road was a COW. This big ol' COW just laying dead in the road. It didn't look as though it had been hit, it was just big and dead. Guess I was lucky that I had slowed down to observe this last writing. Or perhaps that was the purpose of the writing, to get you to slow down, prior to your vehicle attempting to make hamburger out of a side of beef.

I can see the State trooper giving me a lecture now, "Sir what kind of an idiot hits a gawd damn dead cow, when I had already spray painted a warning in the road you were traveling on, NOT ONCE but THREE TIMES, that there was a COW in the road? Are you on drugs boy? Touch your nose with your index finger!"

Given my history of hitting animals and rolling my truck trying to avoid hitting animals, I was thankful to the spray can wielding alien member of the Chinese Outlaw Warlords, who was thoughtful enough to give me fair warning.

BCOT!

Doc

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Doc,

I was waiting for Rob to reply to this post but I guess I'll go ahead and reply. You know you're always welcome at our nugget patches Doc, and I'd love to meet Trevor. I've seen some of the nuggets Trevor has found in Australia, I hope he doesn't mind finding some Arizona dinks. Maybe Rob can get away for a weekend and all of us could hunt together. There's not much Rob can do with a new baby anyway... he's already done his part! :blush: So he otta plan on taking you and Trevor detecting. Let us know what days you want to come down and I'll try may best to accomedate you guys.

Russ

PS I love reading your stories...

Thanks Russ. Trevor arrives on the 17th of April. and I'll be 60 on April 20th. So I am really looking forward to getting out and detecting, but I just don't know your neck of the woods.

You're right there isn't much Rob can do with a baby, however, I also know that if you aren't there for your wife to help with the baby that can be problematic. It's really tough on the gals when they are doing the post birth depression thing, and not getting the sleep, it's a big adjustment. And between you and me, and please don't tell Dawn and Rob this, but they are really really old to be having a baby, this may just shove them over the edge! :wacko:

I understand if Rob can't break away. I didn't want to leave our new born children either. It's important to be around for the first two months... I had to stay there with a rolled up newspaper and get them house broke.

Thanks Russ, just let me know when it is convenient for you.

Doc

Hi Doc,

I was waiting for Rob to reply to this post but I guess I'll go ahead and reply. You know you're always welcome at our nugget patches Doc, and I'd love to meet Trevor. I've seen some of the nuggets Trevor has found in Australia, I hope he doesn't mind finding some Arizona dinks. Maybe Rob can get away for a weekend and all of us could hunt together. There's not much Rob can do with a new baby anyway... he's already done his part! :blush: So he otta plan on taking you and Trevor detecting. Let us know what days you want to come down and I'll try may best to accomedate you guys.

Russ

PS I love reading your stories...

hey all,

I am very keen to experience detecting in the US of A and also the countryside. Very exciting. :D

Russ: I must apologise if i have missled you in any previous postings in regards to the size of my nuggets!!! hehehe... Unfortunately for me my largest to date is only 15 grams or half an ounce! The ones i usually post which are bigger are found by other prospectors then i just relay the info to the forums because they have no internet access. I love to hunt but Adelaide only seems to yield small ones for me!

Somehow i feel slightly a part of every find which are found with my coils but probably due to me being so involved with my company! It certainly pleases me when people get a big one, especially when a Coiltek Product is involved in some way.

So Again, sorry if i have missled you and potentially any others in regards to my nugget finds. My main aim when i hunt here in Adelaide is to test coils and products so any gold is an absolute bonus. I must say I love the GPX 4500!! I always have time for a GP3500 too.

I am looking forward to finally meeting Doc and Rob and lots of others i have dealt with in the US. I will be at the Primm Show so i hope to meet many prospectors and dealers there too.

Maybe for my next trip in the years to come we can go to Steve's hunting ground Moore Creek as I would love to experience that.

Rob: I wish you all the very best with the new bundle coming your way. Certainly a challenging yet wild experience, one you will never regret doing. My little girl is just starting to walk now and its fantastic to watch. I hope to meet you and your wife and also be lucky enough to meet your new little one.

Doc: how long has it been since you have been gold hunting?

I hope to bring some new products with me to show off too.... :P

Thanks

Trev

I'm embarrassed to say it has been two years. Selling our old house building the new house, honey do lists that seem endless. There just has not been any time to do anything.

Looking forward to getting out and away.

Doc

hey all,

I am very keen to experience detecting in the US of A and also the countryside. Very exciting. :D

Russ: I must apologise if i have missled you in any previous postings in regards to the size of my nuggets!!! hehehe... Unfortunately for me my largest to date is only 15 grams or half an ounce! The ones i usually post which are bigger are found by other prospectors then i just relay the info to the forums because they have no internet access. I love to hunt but Adelaide only seems to yield small ones for me!

Somehow i feel slightly a part of every find which are found with my coils but probably due to me being so involved with my company! It certainly pleases me when people get a big one, especially when a Coiltek Product is involved in some way.

So Again, sorry if i have missled you and potentially any others in regards to my nugget finds. My main aim when i hunt here in Adelaide is to test coils and products so any gold is an absolute bonus. I must say I love the GPX 4500!! I always have time for a GP3500 too.

I am looking forward to finally meeting Doc and Rob and lots of others i have dealt with in the US. I will be at the Primm Show so i hope to meet many prospectors and dealers there too.

Maybe for my next trip in the years to come we can go to Steve's hunting ground Moore Creek as I would love to experience that.

Rob: I wish you all the very best with the new bundle coming your way. Certainly a challenging yet wild experience, one you will never regret doing. My little girl is just starting to walk now and its fantastic to watch. I hope to meet you and your wife and also be lucky enough to meet your new little one.

Doc: how long has it been since you have been gold hunting?

I hope to bring some new products with me to show off too.... :P

Thanks

Trev

Yes you hve been busy the last couple of years, As can be attested to by the number of post you have made. :glare:

As for you turning 60, :spank: I think it would be time to get out and find a 60 gram nugget before you forget how to do it. :lol:

Hope you and the boys have a great time and welcome to the over the hill club. :D

enjoying the wind, rain and snow here in Gold Basin

Allen in MT

Yo, Trev...Just sending you a shout out on this new little 6" CT mono...Went out today to a small gully I've pulled a bunch of targets, some gold, from, and figured it done...With the little coil on my ol' 2100 with Doc's amp and Blackwidows, I was hitting targets every few swings...Double pinhead size at 10 - 12" ...I was amazed...Welcome to the big AZ...Cheers, Unc

Guest goldstudmuffin

Doc,

I had 6 kids by the time I was Rob's age. I think Rob will be a good father but I just can't picture him changing a new born baby's diaper. :unsure: Yes, I even changed diapers once in a while when we had the twins.

I hope Rob can make it because I'd guess he could get Trevor into some Arizona gold before I could. If Rob can't make it I have a few secrect places in mind that we can hunt. How many days are you planning to hunt down here?

Trevor, I just thought every Aussie that owned a detector has found multi-ounce nuggets. :rolleyes: The average nugget over here is a pennyweight or less. I'm looking forward to seeing your new products, is it something you can tell us about?

We are open to the days, no less than two, probably three at the most.

Doc

Doc,

I had 6 kids by the time I was Rob's age. I think Rob will be a good father but I just can't picture him changing a new born baby's diaper. :unsure: Yes, I even changed diapers once in a while when we had the twins.

I hope Rob can make it because I'd guess he could get Trevor into some Arizona gold before I could. If Rob can't make it I have a few secrect places in mind that we can hunt. How many days are you planning to hunt down here?

Trevor, I just thought every Aussie that owned a detector has found multi-ounce nuggets. :rolleyes: The average nugget over here is a pennyweight or less. I'm looking forward to seeing your new products, is it something you can tell us about?

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Not sure what type of free time I will have them, but I'm hoping I can escape for a day or two. I might need it after changing all those diapers ... :wacko::wacko:

If we plan on doing a trip with the Goldstudmuffins, I have a few spots in there we can also check out.

The best days for me will probably be the weekends, just let me know what you're thinking.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Trevor,

Your trip to the US is welcome news.

From the posts I have read,

you will be in very good company.

I have been waiting for someone to respond in defense of

the Chinese Outlaw Warlords; those mysterious beings who

patrol our most deserted roads, highways and desolate places

subtly intervening to protect the dazed and confused

from a myriad of frightful consequences,

but as is the case with most self-effacing and modest guardians

that seem to surround many of us,

there has been no explanation.

Enjoy you visit Trev.

Enjoy your protection DOC...

All the best,

Flak

"Dazed and Confused" those are my middle names. :rolleyes:

Doc

Trevor,

Your trip to the US is welcome news.

From the posts I have read,

you will be in very good company.

I have been waiting for someone to respond in defense of

the Chinese Outlaw Warlords; those mysterious beings who

patrol our most deserted roads, highways and desolate places

subtly intervening to protect the dazed and confused

from a myriad of frightful consequences,

but as is the case with most self-effacing and modest guardians

that seem to surround many of us,

there has been no explanation.

Enjoy you visit Trev.

Enjoy your protection DOC...

All the best,

Flak

Thanks to all,

I cannot wait to see your country! I am keen to find some AZ gold too... If i walk over some! :rolleyes: I will practice my standard method and dig all targets!

Looking forward to meeting the crew there too. Hanging to have a detect with Doc... I reckon you need to find a 60 grammer to celebrate the occasion...

Rob: hope you can get away for a day or so but understand if you cannot. Keen to get some tips from a master swinger!

Will keep my specials quiet for now!

Thanks

Trev