Passing of a good OKIE today

Most of you know of my uncle Allen Cooksey, he's only 5 years older than me, we were in Nam at the same time, and were more like brothers than anything else. Wellat 4 pm today his sister my aunt passed away from complications of MS and lung cancer. He just flew out to Oklahoma over the weekend, because they didn't think she was going to make it much longer, he got to see her, for the first time in about 18 years, it made her happy. She's in a place now, where there is no more pain, and she could have had ki-mo but refused to put herself through all the pain and suffering that goe's with it. Her name was Flora Bell Garmany and she lived in Paulsvalley Oklahoma. God has her in his hand now. Grubstake

My uncle Allen was not going to go out this past weekend, but when Flora's daughter called and told him he better come and needed too, he flew out. He just got home yesterday, and then called me today around 5pm after he got the news. sandtrap, knows John Garmany he's out at Duesenburg and will tell him tomarrow that his sister-in-law has gone to a better place. Thanks all for the reply's and I will pass them on to my uncle. I think he will be going out again to the funeral, my Grandmother and Grandfather are buried in Paulsvalley also. Hopefully she will be close by them. Grubstake

As an added note, Allen still has three sisters left, one being my mother, who will be having Gall Bladder surgery Friday, my mother has heart problems like me as well as her two older sisters, one lives in Sacramento and the other two live in San Jose Ca. They are to old and too sick to make the trip back to Oklahoma for the funeral. My family is slowly getting smaller. Shep I'll pas on to Allen what you said. He misse's being around you. Gary

Hi Gary,

So sorry to hear about you and your family's loss.

Used to be that there were lots of old people at the family picnics,

and now they are gone, and suddenly we realize we are the old ones.

Life kinda sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

Take care.

Gary

You know, as I was growing up, OKIE was used like a dirty word, But as we got older, and wiser, OKIE became something we were proud of, we were resorseful, hard working, determind. Yeh my Uncle and Iare proud to be Okies. its a good thing. Yeh we can take bailing wire and build a pick-up truck out of it, if we have too. Thank guys for the good words. Grubstake

Thanks Everyone, she will be interned on SAT, in Paulsvalley next to my Grandfather and Grandmother, I can't go, my mother is having surgery tomarrow, and its not posible for my uncle to go either. But all her kids and grandkids will be there. Tonight, I'm by myself, as the wife has to stay with her mother, that just got out of the hospital yesterday. Boy when it rains it pours around here. speaking of which, we have rain coming in late SAT. night, and Snow Sunday down to 2000ft. that will put it in my driveway again! Its supposed to be spring today! :girl: Grubstake

Yeh I will Mike, as soon as things get settled for the week tomarrow, Well SAT. I'm going detecting by myself, before the rain comes in SAT. night. Told the wife, I just had to go, out in GODS country for awhile, to get my head cleared. I would like to get over a nugget, I'm due. But just getting out will do me a world of good. Grubstake