Update so far from the Moore Creek Mine

• Admin

Hey All,

Here is an update I received from Dudley today, one of the owners of the Moore Creek Mine.

Rob,

I am at my desk and have my notes with the info that Steve gave me Monday morning. At that time the 1 ounce plus nuggets were as follows, Gaine with a 2.5 ounce and a 2.35 ounce, Keith with a 3.54 ounce, a 1.1 ounce and a second 1.1 ounce, Brian with a 1.04 ounce and a Steve(not Herschbach) with a 4.7 ounce. Gold total for the group was over 18 ounces as of Monday morning and everyone was doing well and having a great time. With a couple days left to find more, they should come out of there with some very good results.

Dudley

I'm hoping the Steve he mentioned is Steve F. from California. He was borrowing my Coiltek 16-inch Goldstalker coil! :D

Thanks for the update Dudley.

Rob Allison

Hi Guys! Back in the real world...sitting at AKBob's desk in Anchorage so just a short note, MC was great as usual. Weather cooperated for the most part, kind of hot a couple of days and rain one evening. Bugs were nasty though, but nuggets were there. Total for the week was just over 24ozs! And Steve (SDF?) got the biggie, a 4.7oz chunk. That's it for now, going fishing!

• Admin

Hey Gaine,

Thanks for the update. Congrats to all you, sounds like it was a great trip! I told Steve I wanted 50% of the finds from my coil I loaned him (hahah .... ). :rolleyes:

What was your total Gaine? Sounded like you got a couple of nice ones? Was most of the gold specimen as normal, or any solid chunks?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hi guys, just got back home so will get some pics soon. Read about Ken's whopper! I wonder where it was? There were a few big and deep holes with screaming signals that guys quit digging....I hope that wasn't found in one of those holes. The original digger will be kicking himself for the rest of their life...

Rob, there were a few found that had hardly any rock. My 2.5 had rock on both sides but mostly gold. My 2.35 was almost all gold with a bit of rock on one side. It's pretty heavy for it's size. I got three other smaller nuggets too with one having only a little rock and the other two typical MC nuggets... Will try to get the pics downloaded but lot of work here after closing the shop for almost two weeks.

Until later and good going Ken!

Gave my new nuggets a bath lastnight and here they are... Also found a pic of one of them fresh out of the hole. Keith, my hunting buddy was sitting nearby watching me dig the hole when the nugget came rolling out of the hole. I swear it was glowing when it rolled out.

And a pic of the largest bear track that we've ever seen, very near the area we were hunting. Knowing that bear was closeby kept us looking over our shoulder all day. According to this web page, it looks like it was a Brown bear. Something to do with the toes being closer together and the arch of the toe prints. Not sure what would be worst, a large Black or a small Brown...glad all we saw was the tracks.

post-195-1245547022_thumb.jpg

post-195-1245547045_thumb.jpg

post-195-1245547068_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I was really stoked to find them!

Uncle Ron, yup that baby has only a bit of rock here and there. Really heavy for it's size.

Grubstake Gary, I wish N Korea would send some Kim Chee instead! You ever ate some Kim Chee? Mmmm good!

Frosty, MC is the bomb. Once again, everyone had a good time...great food, great people and great gold!

Yes Gaine, I've ate it, furmented Cabage, they have the same thing in viet Nam, spicie as hell but good, I got into rice, wen I was in Nam, I eat it by the buckets full. In fact I've been stocking up on beans and rice. You ever had fried monkey meat? yeh I had some of that too. don't like it much though. Grubstake

Damn, Gaine, those are some hellacious nuggets...Not the ol' crappy quartz with a thought of gold...Way to go, again...Plus, that's a great shot of a clean bear track...I'm damn near convinced to sell my pop bottle collection to head to AK for some magical beepster...But, since Steve seems to have MC sold, it may take some investigation to find another area as good...Thanks for sharing those great pix...Cheers, Unc

Grubstake Gary, Kim Chee GOOD!!! I saw a show about Korea and how they prepare their Kim Chee. I think the authentic version is WAY hotter than what I've eaten. But as you said, eaten with a bowl of steaming hot rice...good stuff! I like raw fish (sushi, sashimi) and even tried sea urchin roe but I set my limits below monkey meat... :blink:

Thanks Uncle Ron! I'm pretty stoked to have found them...I got to go to places like Moore Creek where the pickin's a bit easier. One of these days I will get that first AZ nugget... By the way, where did you hear that Steve sold the claim? There was a guy there the last day I was in camp and was told that he had a check in his pocket but had not decided yet... I bet that 32oz'r sure made him take notice though.