Gold Button and straight shaft for SD2200V2

For those of you who have done so, how difficult is it to do the modification so as to use a straight shaft with the gold button? I purchased the SD2200V2 to compliment my GB2, and I'm trying to make its use easier. I think the addition of the gold button on the straight shaft would make its use easier, but being an accountant and paper pusher all my life has me questioning my abilities to do the gold button addition.

Lastly, if one coil, besides the stock one that came with the detector, were added, what would be my best choice and should it be a double D or mono, and why? Due to the lousy economy, I can't afford to have several coils at my disposal. Comments, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pat

Putting the button on is easy as pie, the straight shaft also, you follow the instructions for the button, you will have no problems. The straight shaft, will take about 5 minutes to change out. Best coil I would get would be a Wallaby DD on the 2200. my choise. Grubstake

It would serve you well if you were to add an external amp on the 2200, the volume really is bad on that model.

This guy on another forum did it , and it looks real easy. (attached link) All you need to do is buy the upper straight shaft from Rob.

Gold Button Step by step process:

http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.com/invi...howtopic=166910

Regarding the coil IMO, it depends on what type of ground you are hunting. The guys in N cali might say stick with the DD , where as here in AZ I might suggest the mono for most situations.

For those of you who have done so, how difficult is it to do the modification so as to use a straight shaft with the gold button? I purchased the SD2200V2 to compliment my GB2, and I'm trying to make its use easier. I think the addition of the gold button on the straight shaft would make its use easier, but being an accountant and paper pusher all my life has me questioning my abilities to do the gold button addition.

Lastly, if one coil, besides the stock one that came with the detector, were added, what would be my best choice and should it be a double D or mono, and why? Due to the lousy economy, I can't afford to have several coils at my disposal. Comments, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pat

Pat: I don't know if you are aware of the longer upper shaft I have made and sell for Mine Lab detectors... it is called a Super Shaft. The Super Shaft's overall length is 37", has 8 holes for lower shaft adjustment, use the same twist lock nut as Mine Lab and is black powder coated.... looks like a ML upper shaft yet offers the user flexability and optuons not available on the ML upper shaft. I tripped and broke the grip handle on my GP 3000 and had a new grip handle with the button installed... an easy fix requiring one hole in front end cap for the button wire.

Don

• Admin

Hey Pat,

I sell a lot of straight shafts and Gold Buttons for guys wanting to do the same thing. Switching to a straight shaft is a piece of cake, but the Gold Button will take a little bit of time. The Gold Buton directions are very detailed, so you should be able to do it pretty easily if you take your time.

As Don mentioned, he makes the Super Shaft that I also carry. Can remember how much longer it is over the standard Minelab one though. Don ...?

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Rob the Minelab stock upper shaft is 32" long with only 5 lower shaft adjustment holes while the Super Shaft is 37" in length and has 8 lower haft adjustment holes. Certainly wish I could afford to run advertisements in the various gold prospecting magazines to get information on the Super Shaft out to a lot more detectorists! I know for a fact that people who are using the Super Shaft (i.e., Montna Bob Dansie and others) really like my product.

Don