My October's Total

October, started off pretty well then slowed. We got some rain and it piked up again, then slowed down again. Over all I enjoyed October and I'm looking forward to start November off in the morning. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

weight in Dwt's

Oct09TotalonScale-1.jpg

Pssh All those dinks. i only find massive nuggets!!

Awesome total. Mine is .01 pwt

October, started off pretty well then slowed. We got some rain and it piked up again, then slowed down again. Over all I enjoyed October and I'm looking forward to start November off in the morning. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

weight in Dwt's

Oct09TotalonScale-1.jpg

To all you new detectorist, us older prospectors/detectorist may look like we get gold all the time. I'm sure I can speak for the bunch of veteran detectorist above, every nugget is earned. There's miles of leg work involved, reading/research, fighting the heat, cold, rain, wind and even snow at times. But once you put a few puzzle pieces together your month long or longer skunk days are well behind you...and believe me, we all get a run of the skunks. Learn from these days! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy, to be honest, your posts are inspiring to me. Some may look at your gold and be discouraged that they aren't finding stuff like that, but I know a lot of time and hard work goes into your finds and that you have been at this a long time. The way I see it though, is you're an example of the success that I could have and you're in the same area as me so I know success can be had here. Its just a matter of time and work.

LuckyLundy

I agree that it takes a lot of hard work to get the gold. I spend more time reading and hiking right now than i do detecting but it is part of the fun of it all. I got about 10 miles in this weekend a couple cool relics and mabey a piece of the puzzel had a blast. I really helps to see your posts to keep us newbys going. Thanks

Matt

The hard work that you put into prospecting is huge. I have studied so much about prospecting that it isn't funny. I have a pretty good jump on most as Rick (luckyLundy) was my teacher. After running me through every aspect of prospecting from panning to dredging and making me master each one before I started the next, we started metal detecting. I'm a full time student down at the local college here, but I spend more time each night doing research on the computer than school work. Every extra minute during the day that I have is in the field searching for that next patch. To be honest with you, to be a great prospector, it has to almost be a life style. Rick and I talk at least 3 times a day with our theories and where we are going next. Half the time when we find a new patch I sit back and think why the hell is the gold here. After all the research and walking you can have a pretty good idea of where it should be, but the funny part is gold is where ya find it. I'll tell ya what a great teacher goes a long ways(thanks Rick), and these forums help a ton too. You guys will all find a great patch just keep prospecting!!!

NuggetSlayer,

Yep, we prospectors are like Doctors or Lawyers they Practice their trade like we do. Your always learning something! Here's a tip, when working old patches "Never Leave a Stone Unturned." You'd be surprised by the amount of nuggets I've detected under them. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy