New Year's Day Hunt

Well I must have not drank that much lastnight and wokeup kind of early. Felt good and headed out to a dink patch to start the New Year off with a short hunt. The weatherman, has been off call all week, and it was looking a little nasty out like he said, it would be. The dink patch is a good one with a few bonus nuggets tossed in for good measure. I cranked up the GPX and it was purring extra quiet. It wasn't long before I got a nice little whisper which was gold and another 4 foot away. I said, they might be bitting good today! The sky started to spit a few drops of rain and I continued my morning hunt in the drizzel. 4 more nuggets and it was coming down a little harder, plus it was getting time to toss the prime rib on the grill. Home I went with 6 nuggets for some bread & butter! Happy New Year to all, and many great hunts to come. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

1Jan2010Vet18dwts.jpg

Congratulations, That is some nice looking 2010 GOLD!!

I have always been curious as to how do ya'll clean your coils after getting all that mud on them, being that they aren't waterproof? :blink:

Thanks for the pictures of the first 2010 Gold I seen so far. :D

Skip

Thanks to all, I really enjoy our hobby! Gold Seeker, them coils aren't waterproof, but I'm sure water resistant. I scrap the mud off with my scoop during the hunt and what's left over stays on until it dries and I scape it off with a plastic puddy knife before the next hunt. Remember, keeping the dirt from building up between your skid plate and coil is important and this time of year a once a week cleaning is a must. Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

Great find! Your constancy at nugget hunting makes you a top notch motivator.

Keep up with your postings, they're appreciated more than you can imagine. As you already know, getting started is the hardest part of any endeavor. What you are doing with your posts, is invaluable to anyone struggling to achieve some sort of a feeling of accomplishment in our hobby,(for the lack of a better term).