what is your favorite 3500 coil?

Fred, I know your going to get lots of answers, but here's mine, I've owned a 2200sd, and a 3500, and now a 4000. The answer for me is the waterproof Patypus coil, it goe,s deep, and it is going to get you the small gold also, they are made in DD and mono. Up here the ground is wet in the early morning, Dew, on the grass, I've fried a coil or two, just because of dew on tall grass, But the other reason is the platpus is a great all around coil. Its in between a Joey, and a 14incher, its eliptical and cut out interference really good. and I've had my best finds useing this coil. Grubstake

Yeh that one was not an ozer, but just right around 18-19 DWT. about 18 months ago. So far this past year, I've only found two little nuggets a 7DWT. and a 1.2 DWT. Rain and health has me down. But not for long I hope. Got a procedure on the 18th of next month, then I hope I'll be good to go, if they can find out where the blood I'm throwing up is coming from. Grubstake PS that Platy. is really a good coil, my most used. although I am useing the goldstalker 18x12 mono, And found those two last nuggets with it. the grass is wet, and I don't want to frie it like I did the other coils, one stock 11DD and a Coiltek 17x11.

Hey Fredm...I do like the GP3500...nice detector...I had one for a year and I did notice that with a Coiltek mono 14" Skippy it was rather noisy, sometime irritating...I did put a Goldstalker 18.5 elliptical and man what a difference! Very quite!!! I wish I had that combo longer before I sold the GP3500! Hey Grubstake...that's one hot nugget you got there. Quite the looker! Guido

Just a word about the Platypus coil, The one I have is the proto-type, ROB had it for quite awhile, and I think maybe he used it a couple of times, no one was interested in a waterproof coil, in the desert, It hardly rains there, But I was hoping Coiltek would make one, the Dew here in the mornings, even in the summer months, makes the tall grass, wet and I had already fried two coils, just by detecting wet grass, ROB offered for me to give this Platypus a try, I found gold the Very first time out with it. It goe's deep. even on small bits. And its a great coil. No hype. I have found more gold with this single coil, than most people dream of. a couple of pounds. and I've never ever had a problem with this coil falsing, I only have good words for the Platypus, and Coiltek for making it. For awhile It was the #1 selling coil. now we have the goldstalkers, built on the platypus, design. except the not totally water proof. But they sure are good gold getters. Grubstake

• Admin

Hey Fred,

During that time I was using the Coiltek 14-inch solid round mono, one of my favorite all time coils. I was also using the Wallaby DD Pro and Mono at that time. I used the Wallaby DD Pro in heavy mineralized areas and the mono's in areas where the mineralization was low to moderate.

My favorite all time coil now is the Goldstalker 14-inch elliptical and the new coil I'm testing.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison