A recent find in Northern California. No details yet as to how it was found or how much gold is in it. It could have been eyeballed sunbaking on a gravel bank!

But it shows they are still out there!

Digger Bob

post-73-126937694982_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello All,

The owner of this nugget called me today and requested the information be corrected. The nugget was not found on Spanish Creek nor was it a recent find. The nugget was found several years ago and contained approx. 6 Troy Pounds of gold. The owner just asked me today to clarify where the nugget was "not found" and it was found several years ago.

Great talking with the owner today on the phone.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Naw,BOB. and I see he is now registered as Drifter too! Just in case Rob Kicks him off the forum again. He's already been kicked off as Oakwoodtrucker, so now he is registered as Dennis Sanders and Drifter both. You can do that very east. When I got DSL they told me I could have 3 email addy's. But I have trouble just keeping up with one. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Dennis,

I'm not calling anyone a liar. The owner called me and asked me to edit the post and I respected his request. He could have asked to delete the post, but he knew most loved to see nuggets like this.

Regardless if there is a 6 Troy Pounds of Gold or the entire rock weighs 6 Pounds, it's a very nice piece!

Take care,

Rob Allison

Guest dennis sanders

Naw,BOB. and I see he is now registered as Drifter too! Just in case Rob Kicks him off the forum again. He's already been kicked off as Oakwoodtrucker, so now he is registered as Dennis Sanders and Drifter both. You can do that very east. When I got DSL they told me I could have 3 email addy's. But I have trouble just keeping up with one. Grubstake

gary quit your whining and go find some gold

Hello All,

The owner of this nugget called me today and requested the information be corrected. The nugget was not found on Spanish Creek nor was it a recent find. The nugget was found several years ago and contained approx. 6 Troy Pounds of gold. The owner just asked me today to clarify where the nugget was "not found" and it was found several years ago.

Great talking with the owner today on the phone.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks Robb,

The owner called me yesterday too to clarify a few things. The picture was forwarded to me by one of my customers without much information. I assumed it had just been found recently. I had no details as to who or where or how much, etc. I just thought it would help stir up some enthusiasim to see such a magnificent piece. Obviously, we are keeping indentities secret and I hope I'm not saying too much even here.

He told me it was found in a small scale mining operation several years ago and contained 60 oz's, give or take. It is still in one piece and not sure what he's going to do with it. Would probably love to sell it, but who has the kind of money it would take? And how much would something like that go for? Staggers the imagination.

Digger Bob

Hello Ebonbetta,

A Troy Pound is heavier than a Av. Pound cause it requires less ounces to make a pound.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

errr no that is not quite true....

yes less ounce but troy ounces....

12 troy ounces vs 16 adv ounces apples to oranges...

480 grains to a troy ounce X 12 = 5760

437.5 to adv ounce X 16 = 7000

• Admin

Hello Ebonbetta,

That was my goof up, I meant to say a Troy Ounce is heavier.

A troy ounce is heavier than an avoirdupois ounce

(1 avoirdupois ounce = 28.35 grams, a troy ounce = 31.1 grams)

A troy pound is lighter than a avoirdupois pound because it contains fewer ounces.

(Troy pound contains 12 troy ounces, avoirdupois pound contains 16 avoirdupois ounces. Even though the troy ounces are heavier, that difference is not enough make troy pounds heavier.)

Take care,

Rob Allison