Boots with No Metal

Hello All,

LaPoliceGear called today and stated they didn't have my size after I made the order. I canceled the order and took Dutchman's advice and ordered through Desert Tactical here in Arizona. They had the size in stock and will be shipping today. Excited to try them out on the goldfields.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

My last boot was that one. It made it through two years here and two very intensive detecting trips to Brazil. I was sorry to see them go, and still cannot bring myself to put them in the trash! Finally blew out the sides.... great boot!

Yo All...I was going through about three pair of boots per year of various brands...I finally found that the Converse, in a couple different models, are by far the best...I'm not a big fan of zippers, but Dodacious has a pair with zipper that she loves ... I may try a pair next...My current ones, which I just bought new last month, are awesome... Converse has come out with a new tread that lets you walk straight up vertical cliffs ... And of course, not a bit of metal... They used to have a model that was like moccasins that Ol' TwentyNiner turned me onto, but they discontinued them...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

I should have my pair of Converse today. I didn't get the ones with the zipper, but did get the 8-inch high ones with the harder toe and non-metallic. I'm hoping they will work well. I have plans to do some nuggetshooting this weekend. I really need some time to relax and find a few bit of gold.

Will report back on how I like them. Sounds like they will be great boots.

Rob Allison

Hey guys if you looking to buy a pair of converse boots here in town. Check out 43 ave and northern the old Arizona Al’s. They have a few different types to choose from.

Lon

Rob, I knew you would like 'em. They are a tough boot to beat for desert electronic prospecting. I like the composite safety toe as well. No more smashed toes while rolling boulders etc... They don't even cost anymore than a good pair of sandals. :)

• Admin

Hey Dutchman,

Ya, I'm glad I took the advice from you guys to purchase them. On another note, Manny from Rich Hill was asking if I heard from you. He is staying in the rock circle campground between your camp and Weaver Cemetary.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hi guys, just wanted to throw in another pair of non-metallic boots you can get- Blackhawk Warrior Wear Light Assualt boots. Here's the link for them-

Blackhawk Warrior Wear Light Boots

I was in the market for another pair of boots because my Bates were starting to wear out and decided on these only because I get a 65% discount. When I ordered them I wasn't sure if they were non-metallic but a quick swipe of the GMT over them confirmed it for me. I'll see how they hold up in the field!

Del

PS- The Converse are great too, I have a pair of their hiking boots I use for meteorite hunting and boy they are comfortable!

• Admin

Hey Adam,

I'm the first to admit I loved the Bates boots (Black, waterproof ones). I probably went through 20-25 pairs since I've been prospecting with them. I just order a pair of Converse from LaPoliceGear and I love them. I doubt I will ever go back to the Bates after wearing these. I also got the ones with the composite hard toe, which is nice for kicking rocks and such.

When your boots wear out, you might want to give the Converse a run.

Take care,

Rob Allison