Boots with No Metal

Ariat Boots have No Metal in them and are so comfortable I was told all boots have a metal plate in the sole and these boots are new to the market Google Ariat Boots to see what is out there I have bad feet and I can keep these on all day with no problems and my Minelab loves the boots

dog runner,

There are quite a few boots out there with out metal in them....WalMart had the "detectorest" at one time...think I payed $30 for them at the time..when I had the ML 3500.

Many jobs have walkthrough metal detectors, so the demand for metal free boots or shoes has gone up. Airports, goverment buildings, schools & high end metal detectors, just to name a few.

wonderer

Bob T . I've been wearing the Converse desert tactical boots , Zip ups for 2 years now and love them . There is a little metal ( the zipper pull tab ) but it is on the side and up high when zipped up and no problem. Lace them up once and then get in and out of them using the zipper . As easy as putting on a pair of slippers. Important for old fat guys.-----Bob

Montana,

I have looked at a few different boots with the side zipper and always thought that I would like to try a pair but worry somewhat about the zipper failing on me when I'm two or three miles from the truck. Have you ever had a problem with the zippers?? How about the dust or dirt that gets into them, does it make them hard to open or close? I have zippers on my snake leggins & if they get a lot of dust in them they are a bitch.

Bob T.

Here's the thing to look for in a boot, and I have only found the ones that I carry, the Bates, to fit the bill.

I hate that they only come in black, but the desert tan boots are not made the same. First, make darn sure they have a cleated sole, it keeps you on your feet and off your ass. Second, of course absolutely no metal. Zippers? Convenient yes, metal yes, dependable no, functional ???? depends on how much dirt you kick. Third, and this is very important, water proof with NO INSULATION. Insulation makes them way too hot, and the waterproof feature will make them very warm no doubt, however, a warm muscle is harder to sprain. And the reason you want a waterproof boot is because a waterproof boot is a dirt proof boot.

Any detectorist worth his salt will tell you that you kick a lot of dirt out of the way when you are detecting. Nothing is more aggravating than having to stop and take off your boots to empty out dirt, gravel or stickers of one sort or another.

Now your best next bet, if you don't have a waterproof boot, is to get one where the tongue of the boot is gusseted at least 3/4 ths of the way up the tongue to keep the dirt from getting in.

I have seriously considered buying about 15 pairs of 9.5 to last me the rest of my life, and getting out of the boot business. There is no profit in it, the boots I sell retail for $109.95 Rob gets them from me and sells them for $79.95. I have about 300 pairs in stock which is a heck of a lot of inventory, but the same guys keep coming back to me year after year because they swear by the quality and comfort.

If you guys know of a boot that meets these standards in Desert Tan please let me know and I will start carrying them for you.

Take care!

Doc

Doc, the desrt tan are not water proof, But I have bought 4 pairs of the bates black ones you do sell from you and Rob. They are great, the only thing I have against the black ones is the sole where out too quick, Now the tan desert ones 9.5 I've worn for two years now, and the sloes look new, I stll have my other bates I got from you and Rob. But the sloe's where very quickly. I can olny get a year out of them. and only where them detecting. The tans give you better support on the ankles and have a much better sloe. I got mine for from an online Company for $79.00 and free shipping. I wish they too would make a tan in water proof, For comfort there the best. Grubstake

The M-9 is not water proof as stated above, thats what I have but the tunge is 3/4 guset. The m-9 are swade leather, on the leather part.

Grubby, aren't the M9's a lot more expensive?

Doc, the desrt tan are not water proof, But I have bought 4 pairs of the bates black ones you do sell from you and Rob. They are great, the only thing I have against the black ones is the sole where out too quick, Now the tan desert ones 9.5 I've worn for two years now, and the sloes look new, I stll have my other bates I got from you and Rob. But the sloe's where very quickly. I can olny get a year out of them. and only where them detecting. The tans give you better support on the ankles and have a much better sloe. I got mine for from an online Company for $79.00 and free shipping. I wish they too would make a tan in water proof, For comfort there the best. Grubstake

The M-9 is not water proof as stated above, thats what I have but the tunge is 3/4 guset. The m-9 are swade leather, on the leather part.

They Maybe, Doc. I think MSRP. are $113.00 I got mine on a close out deal. for $79.00 about two years ago. I haven't looked them up since. If I recall right. I got them online at the working mans store. But I could be mistaken. about the name of the store. No zipper in mine. just lace up. Grubstake

Yep Just looked they don't carry them any more, but Botach Tactical does for $89.00

I have a pair of Converse 8" metal free desert tan boots that I bought on sale from LA Police Gear. Bought them a year or so ago for around $39.00.

Very comfortable right out of the box so I didn't have to do the break in thing. Great boots.

Bob T.

Bob,I own a pair too. Best boot I have owned for the price. Doug :D

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I've always been a fan of the Black, Bates Waterproof boots, but I'm looking into something else now. Been wearing them for about 10 years now, but noticed I'm going through about 2-3 pairs per season. My partner purchased a pair of the Bates M-9 Tan ones and also said they don't last any longer than the Black Bates. I might look into the Converse that have the zipper if the price is right.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Dutchman,

I ordered that exact pair from La Police Gear I think for $83 and some change. I'm going to give them a whirl and see if I like them. The Black Bates gets a bit hot in the Summer.

Sounds like a bunch of guys are now wearing the Converse.

P.S. What is the status of your claims? Someone else living on them now? PM me if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Rob, You will like those boots. I think Desert Tactical has free shipping that could make a difference. I still have my claims. My friend died last fall that lived on his patented claim next to mine. I found my friend dead in his trailer one day last October. He had been there for a week or more. It was pretty horrendous. I still have the kitten that crawled up my leg when I opened his trailer door to check on my friend. The kitten ravaged my beef jerky and lapped down a 1/2 cup of water while I waited for the Sheriffs deputy to show up. My kids named the kitten ashes. She is a good cat and a helluva hunter.

• Admin

Hello All,

LaPoliceGear called today and stated they didn't have my size after I made the order. I canceled the order and took Dutchman's advice and ordered through Desert Tactical here in Arizona. They had the size in stock and will be shipping today. Excited to try them out on the goldfields.

Take care,

Rob Allison